[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Wanted: gcc for MSDos

ZVD003@DMSWWU1C.BITNET (Joerg Fraune) (05/24/91)

I'm searching for the GNU-C++-Compiler (gcc) for msdos. The only anonymous
FTP server (I know about) distributing gcc is grape.ecs.clarkson.edu. Un-
fortunately BITFTP does not support this server, and I have no way to access
it directly via Internet.
 Does anyone know another server supplying this program, or another way for me
to get it ?
                                       Joerg Fraune      zvd003@dmswwu1c.bitnet

dj@ctron.com (DJ Delorie) (05/24/91)

In article <91143.154532ZVD003@DMSWWU1C.BITNET>, ZVD003@DMSWWU1C.BITNET (Joerg Fraune) writes:

> I'm searching for the GNU-C++-Compiler (gcc) for msdos. The only
> anonymous FTP server (I know about) distributing gcc is
> grape.ecs.clarkson.edu. Un- fortunately BITFTP does not support this
> server, and I have no way to access it directly via Internet.  Does
> anyone know another server supplying this program, or another way for
> me to get it ?

Product:

386/DOS port of GNU gcc/g++, with full libraries, sources, debugger,
graphics support.  Creates 32-bit applications with full virtual
memory up to 128M RAM and 128M disk.  Supports SuperVGA up to 1024x768
(256-color mode only).

Requirements:

80386 IBM compatible running DOS 3.0 or higher.  I have a patch in the works
    for PS/2's, which have non-compatible gateA20 control.
80387 for transendentals (exp, sin, etc) until emulator is complete.
oodles of memory (but can run in 640K, just slower)
~4Mb of hard drive space

anonymous FTP:

    grape.ecs.clarkson.edu  pub/msdos/djgpp

mail:

    % mail archive-server@sun.soe.clarkson.edu
    Subject:
    help
    index msdos/djgpp
    send msdos/djgpp readme
    ^D

Files:

readme  notes, documentation, FAQ, etc
djgpp.zip  2.2M  Everything (not available on sun.soe.clarkson.edu)
djgppzip.000 through djgppzip.063  split version of djgpp.zip - use
    "merge djgppzip djgpp.zip" to build djgpp.zip
split.c
split.exe
merge.c
merge.exe  programs to split & merge large binaries

DJ
dj@ctron.com

eyer@azu.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de (Eyer) (05/24/91)

In article <91143.154532ZVD003@DMSWWU1C.BITNET> ZVD003@DMSWWU1C.BITNET (Joerg Fraune) writes:
>I'm searching for the GNU-C++-Compiler (gcc) for msdos. The only anonymous
>FTP server (I know about) distributing gcc is grape.ecs.clarkson.edu.

I've seen it also on garbo. But...

>Unfortunately BITFTP does not support this server, and I have no way to access
>it directly via Internet.

I've been 2 years on Bitnet, and wondered what the outer world was like...
Now I've Internet in my office. Great ! Bitnet is very painfull, and BITFTP
also. I'm sorry for you.

> Does anyone know another server supplying this program, or another way for me
>to get it ?

Garbo can't be accessed from the bitftp@pucc (if you know an other one in Europe
let me know) because of Atlantic-crossing. Oh no !

Manu   (Emmanuel Eyer)

In article <91143.154532ZVD003@DMSWWU1C.BITNET> ZVD003@DMSWWU1C.BITNET (Joerg Fraune) writes:

   I'm searching for the GNU-C++-Compiler (gcc) for msdos. The only
   anonymous FTP server (I know about) distributing gcc is
   grape.ecs.clarkson.edu. Un- fortunately BITFTP does not support
   this server, and I have no way to access it directly via Internet.
   Does anyone know another server supplying this program, or another
   way for me to get it ?

Yes.  Grape is also accessible by modem.  (315)268-6667, 12/2400 baud, 8N1,
24 hours.  Log in as 'bbs', no password required.  Djgpp is in pub/msdos/djgpp.

Anonymous UUCP may also work (would someone try it for me)?  Log in as
'uucp', no password.  Fetch ~/pub/msdos/djgpp.zip (it's a 2Mb file).
If you want to check it out first, fetch ~/pub/msdos/readme.

--
--russ <nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu> I'm proud to be a humble Quaker.
Clear cutting is criminal, spiking trees is criminal, and using hyperbole of

S_WIEZORKE@iravcl.ira.uka.de (Hans B. Wiezorke) (05/25/91)

In <10935@ifi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> eyer@azu.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de writes:

> In article <91143.154532ZVD003@DMSWWU1C.BITNET> ZVD003@DMSWWU1C.BITNET (Joerg Fraune) writes:
> >I'm searching for the GNU-C++-Compiler (gcc) for msdos. The only anonymous
> >FTP server (I know about) distributing gcc is grape.ecs.clarkson.edu.

> Garbo can't be accessed from the bitftp@pucc (if you know an other one in Europe
> let me know) because of Atlantic-crossing. Oh no !

its also on iraun1.ira.uka.de (129.13.10.90) in gnu/djgcc.
this server is at the university of karlsruhe/germany.

keep hackin'

opus

I                  __     I   Hans Bernhard Wiezorke  (at Uni. of Karlsruhe)  I
I /opus\    _____(@  \    I   E-Mail :  S_WIEZORKE@iravcl.ira.uka.de          I
I \sndo/   /.         !   I             or UK9K@DKAUNI2.bitnet  (better not)  I
I                X~~~~!   I   Always remember : WHEREVER YOU BE  --           I
I                         I                     THERE YOU ARE                 I