[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Using Telix in Windows 3.0-->Problems

u-mwong%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Michael Wong) (05/27/91)

  Whenever I trying running Telix 3.15 in Win3.0 386 enhanced mode, I get
a message error like "application has violated system integrity...exit
Windows and reboot".  Is there a way to use Telix in Windows?  Procomm
Plus works fine without a hitch inside a window.

   Also, WordPerfect 5.0 gives me the same error...I was hoping to get
it to work in Windows and not buy WP for Windows for a while until my
budget allows me to do so.  A friend of mine says he has WP 5.1 working
in a window.  Is there some differences with 5.0 and 5.1 when getting
them to work in Windows?

   I'd appreciate any info/advice from those who have gotten Telix 3.15
and WP 5.0 working in Windows 3.0!

-Mike
----------
Michael Wong
u-mwong@peruvian.utah.edu
University of Utah

bradd@gssc.UUCP (Brad Davis) (05/28/91)

u-mwong%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Michael Wong) writes:

>  Whenever I trying running Telix 3.15 in Win3.0 386 enhanced mode, I get
>a message error like "application has violated system integrity...exit
>Windows and reboot".  Is there a way to use Telix in Windows?  Procomm
>Plus works fine without a hitch inside a window.

>   I'd appreciate any info/advice from those who have gotten Telix 3.15
>and WP 5.0 working in Windows 3.0!

I've been using Telix 3.12 (and later 3.12a) in a Win3 enhanced window
every day for over a year now and have had no problems at all.
Background file transfers work very well, too - this is why I always run
Telix in a window.  Why monopolize the machine just because the modem is
busy?

I haven't tried 3.15 yet - perhaps there is a new bug?  I'll send for an
update and give it a try.  In the mean time, give 3.12 a shot.

-Brad
                                          _________
Random drivel from the keyboard of:      |       |.|
  Brad Davis, GSS Inc, Beaverton OR      | bradd |:|
  bradd@gssc         (503) 671-8431   ___|_______|_|___       _________
Disclaimer: The boss disavows        |[]gssc| _-_  _-_ |    @|#########|
  all knowledge of my actions.       |______|__________|@@@@ +---------+

u-mwong%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Michael Wong) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May27.185422.11643@rcf.rsmas.miami.edu> sikorski@rcf.rsmas.miami.edu writes:
>In article <1991May27.002728.7854@hellgate.utah.edu>,
>u-mwong%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Michael Wong) writes:
>>
>>   Whenever I trying running Telix 3.15 in Win3.0 386 enhanced mode, I get
>> a message error like "application has violated system integrity...exit
>> Windows and reboot".
>

>Disclaimer:  I'm not a long-time Win3.0 user,
>[reason ^^]  so I do dumb things like run 'cleanup' batches
>             that end up erasing the cleanup.bat file.
>
>So?  So when I do that from within windows I get the "violated integrity"
>message.  You may be running batches or changing paths in such a way
>that you lose access to files that windows is expecting to see.  Maybe
>that's your whole integrity problem, as well as the reason another Telix
>user might not see the same problem.
>
>Richard

   Thanks to an article I encountered in PC World (June, p267?), I finally resolved my Windows problem.
For those who may encounter a similar error message when running similar programs, I fixed it by adding
the line "emmexclude=a000-efff" under "[386enh]" in my SYSTEM.INI file and Telix/WP 5.0 works great!!!
Thanks to those who tried to help anyway...

-Mike
Michael Wong
u-mwong@peruvian.utah.edu
University of Utah