[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Exceltronix/Best Machines

sriniv@ee.ualberta.ca (Suresh Srinivasan) (05/28/91)

  Exceltronix Corp of Etobicoke, Ontario used to make IBM compatible machines.
  They are no longer in business hence the problem.  I am currently stuck
  with a Best AVX 386 (16MHz) machine with 1MB of RAM.  To upgrade the memory
  on the system, a pal is needed.

  Is there any one out in netland who has such a pal or knows someone who knows
  someone who has it?  I would appreciate any response on this subject.  I am
  interested in upgrading to 8MB of RAM.

  Thanking you in advance for any help.

Suresh Srinivasan
University of Alberta Dept.of Electrical Engineering
Email: sriniv@ee.ualberta.ca

py@meadow.uucp (Peter Yeung) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May27.230941.18804@ee.ualberta.ca> sriniv@ee.ualberta.ca (Suresh Srinivasan) writes:

>  Exceltronix Corp of Etobicoke, Ontario used to make IBM compatible machines.
>  They are no longer in business hence the problem.  I am currently stuck
>  with a Best AVX 386 (16MHz) machine with 1MB of RAM.  To upgrade the memory
>  on the system, a pal is needed.

I think Exceltronix is back in business. I remember seeing their ads in
a Canadian micro magazine called "Computing Now!" quite recently (within
the last year). "Computing Now!" is available on most news stands (at least
in Toronto).

--
Peter Yeung     Amdahl Canada Ltd., Software Development Center
                2000 Argentia Road, Plaza 2, Suite 300

banner@einstein ( infotech) (05/29/91)

 In article <1991May27.230941.18804@ee.ualberta.ca> sriniv@ee.ualberta.ca (Suresh Srinivasan) writes:

>  Exceltronix Corp of Etobicoke, Ontario used to make IBM compatible machines.
>  They are no longer in business hence the problem.  I am currently stuck
>  with a Best AVX 386 (16MHz) machine with 1MB of RAM.  To upgrade the memory
>  on the system, a pal is needed.

 Try 1-800-668-6951 or 1-613-235-2378 (Ottawa)

 I talked to them around this time last year... I don't know whether they're
still in business.

Ross Bannerman           | Usenet: banner@mitel.com
MITEL Corp. Kanata, Ont. |