[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] EDIT245.ZIP deleted from SIMTEL20 archives due to bugs

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (06/03/91)

fstarr@taclg.af.mil (TSgt Frank Starr) writes:
> There's a nice little text editor on SIMTEL20 called EDIT, in the
> MSDOS.EDITOR directory. It will let you do things like edit batch
> files, and even type long messages for upload. You can even print
> them with this program.
> [...]
> The problem: when I run the program, it runs just fine.  I can key
> in text, print it out, and even use the new feature of counting number
> of words in the file.  But, when I try and exit by keying in a CTRL D,
> or even a CTRL Q, the program locks up. CTRL S will save the text file,
> but I still can't get out of the program without rebooting.

I have received the same report from several other users.  Edit v2.45
(EDIT245.ZIP) has been deleted from the SIMTEL20 archives.

When the author releases a fixed version it will be announced to the net.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the MSDOS, MISC and CP/M archives at SIMTEL20 [192.88.110.20]