[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Korn Shell on 8088

gottlieb@umbc5.umbc.edu (Robert Gottlieb) (06/05/91)

>Article 15298 of comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d:
>From: oliveau@tdycapd (Greg Oliveau)
>Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d
>Subject: Re: Unix-like Korn shell for 8088
>Date: 5 Jun 91 00:58:28 GMT

>gottlieb@umbc5.umbc.edu (Robert Gottlieb) writes:

>Hi all,

>I'm looking for a Unix-like Korn shell for my Kaypro PC-XT.  If any
>kind soul would let me know of any ftp sites for such a beast I'd
>appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

Try the MKS Toolkit from Mortice Kern Sytems. It includes a Korn
shell plus over 100 Unix utilities including awk, sed, grep, etc.  I
use it every time I'm forced to use a DOS PC.

## Greg Oliveau				 	Email: uunet!tdycapd!oliveau
## Teledyne Controls,				Voice: 213.820.4616.x2598
## Commercial Aircraft Products Division     	Fax:   213.820.0183

Greg,

Sorry to waste bandwidth here, but I can't seem to mail your
address.  Anyway, could ya tell me where I can find MKS?  Are
there any ftp sites for this, or is this a commercial pacakge?
Thanks again

/*  Robert Allen Gottlieb        Internet: gottlieb@umbc5.umbc.edu  */
/*                               Bitnet:   gottlieb@umbc2.umbc.edu  */
/*                                                                  */
/*  The opinions herin are not those of UMBC, but rather those of   */
/*  my cat: Junior.                                                 */
/*  "To seek the sacred river Alph                                  */
/*   To walk the caves of ice                                       */
/*   To break my fast on honey dew                                  */
/*   And drink the milk of Paradise..."                             */
/*   - Neil Peart/RUSH  "Xanadu"/A Farewell To Kings                */