[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] IP205.ZIP - Free form information storage database

BLACKMANW@URVAX.URICH.EDU (Webb Blackman) (06/02/91)

I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.database>
IP205.ZIP       Free form information storage database

Information Please!, version 2.05, is a text storage and retrieval
program. It allows you to store and retrieve full-text information
such as memos, catalogues, briefs, letters, articles, invoices,
product descriptions, etc. ASP

Webb B. Blackman, Jr.	BLACKMANW @ URVAX		(Vanilla BITNET)
Post Office Box 34446	blackmanw@urvax.urich.edu	(Bitnet or Internet)
Richmond, Virginia 23234

tgriffith01@cc.curtin.edu.au (06/05/91)

In article <W8SDZ.12690233826.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>, BLACKMANW@URVAX.URICH.EDU (Webb Blackman) writes:
> I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:
>
> pd1:<msdos.database>
> IP205.ZIP       Free form information storage database
>
> Information Please!, version 2.05, is a text storage and retrieval
> program. It allows you to store and retrieve full-text information
> such as memos, catalogues, briefs, letters, articles, invoices,
> product descriptions, etc. ASP
>
> Webb B. Blackman, Jr.	BLACKMANW @ URVAX		(Vanilla BITNET)
> Post Office Box 34446	blackmanw@urvax.urich.edu	(Bitnet or Internet)
> Richmond, Virginia 23234

G'Day,

I ftp'ed this file and succesfully unziped it but the install procedure
within it uses a self extracting archive which gave a CRC error.  Any
body else had this problem?

--------------------+--------------------------------------------------------
Don Griffiths       | JANET    munnari!cc.curtin.edu.au!Griffiths_DN@uk.ac.ukc
Information Systems | UUCP     uunet!munnari!cc.curtin.edu.au!Griffiths_DN
Curtin University   | Bitnet   Griffiths_DN%cc.curtin.edu.au@cunyvm.bitnet
GPO Box U1987       | PSImail  psi%050529452300030::Griffiths_DN
PERTH, 6000         | Internet Griffiths_DN@cc.curtin.edu.au
Western Australia   | ACSnet   Griffiths_DN@cc.cut.oz.au
--------------------+----------------------------------------------------------
Telex : AA-92983 CURTIN    Fax : +61-9-351-3076    Telephone : +61-9-351-7691

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (06/05/91)

tgriffith01@cc.curtin.edu.au writes:
>BLACKMANW@URVAX.URICH.EDU (Webb Blackman) writes:
>> I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:
>>
>> pd1:<msdos.database>
>> IP205.ZIP       Free form information storage database
>
>I ftp'ed this file and succesfully unziped it but the install procedure
>within it uses a self extracting archive which gave a CRC error.  Any
>body else had this problem?

Several other people reported the problem. Sorry it was not caught
before the file was made public.  IP205.ZIP has been deleted from the
SIMTEL20 archives.  Webb is trying to get a good copy from the author.

I hate self-extracting archives inside archives!  This is a good example
of what happens when you can't automatically check the files with the
built-in archive test function in ZIP or another other archive system.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the MSDOS, MISC and CP/M archives at SIMTEL20 [192.88.110.20]