[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Capt. Comic 4.0

zippo@diku.dk (Ole Sas Thrane) (05/25/91)

Hi there

Does anyone know where to get Captain Comic 4.0 (ftp-sites).  I just
loved version one, and would very much like to get my hands on
number four.  I believe that the zip-file I'm looking for is called
COMIC40.ZIP.

           Thanks a lot

               Ole

*Now* it's dark...  - Frank in Blue Velvet

doug@hparc0.HP.COM (Doug Parsons) (05/27/91)

I think you're expecting that Captain Comic Version 2, 3, and 4 are sequels.

They're not.  They are the same game exactly, with some minor bug fixes that
you probably never noticed as it seems that you finished the game.

It's a frustrating way to number the versions, but there ya go...

douginoz.

ericb@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Eric Berggren) (05/30/91)

doug@hparc0.HP.COM (Doug Parsons) writes:

>I think you're expecting that Captain Comic Version 2, 3, and 4 are sequels.

>They're not.  They are the same game exactly, with some minor bug fixes that
>you probably never noticed as it seems that you finished the game.

>It's a frustrating way to number the versions, but there ya go...

  Good lord, they're still working on that? I remember playing it years ago
[and I solved it _all by myself_] Whatever came of Part ][ of that? Has one
ever been put out? (I haven't been paying much attention).

-e.b.

  Eric Berggren             |         "Life is a Turing Test;
  Computer Science/Eng.     |           We're all automatons!"
  ericb@eecs.cs.pdx.edu     |              - (click, whir, buzz, chirp)

tracy@salamandria (Tracy Harton) (05/31/91)

ericb@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Eric Berggren) writes:

> >It's a frustrating way to number the versions, but there ya go...
>
>   Good lord, they're still working on that? I remember playing it years ago
> [and I solved it _all by myself_] Whatever came of Part ][ of that? Has one
> ever been put out? (I haven't been paying much attention).

I saw CC ][ once or twice... I think it went Commercial, though.  (It
was still low res EGA, though...)

----
Internet: tracy@salamandria.uucp
Citadel: Tracy Harton @ Salamandria
RelayNet: Tracy Harton -> UTOU

gwni@troi.cc.rochester.edu (G. Wayne Nichols) (05/31/91)

I believe I've seen Captain Comic II in Electronics Boutique.
The author appears to have gone commercial for the sequel.

cee1@ra.MsState.Edu (The Chuckmeister) (05/31/91)

I think they came out with Capn Comic 2: Fractured Reality. And I saw it
in an issue of PC Games a few months ago, and dear friends, it has gone
commercial.. oh well it was an awesome game.. anyone have it?

cee1@ra.msstate.edu

bruce@bmhalh.UUCP (Bruce M. Himebaugh) (06/05/91)

In article <807@ra.MsState.Edu> cee1@ra.MsState.Edu (The Chuckmeister) writes:
>I think they came out with Capn Comic 2: Fractured Reality. And I saw it
>in an issue of PC Games a few months ago, and dear friends, it has gone
>commercial.. oh well it was an awesome game.. anyone have it?

Yes, it has gone commercial, but it is well worth the $25 or $29 for it.  It is
very impressive and a lot of effort appears to have been put into it.  The
graphics are have also been improved greatly!  In the game you do everything
from the standard shoot and kill the bad guys, as well as riding on a mine car,
getting on a snow sled and swimming in underground caverns.  There is also
quite a bit of adventure in trying to unearth clues and finding objects.  Well
worth the purchase!

Bruce
--
Bruce M. Himebaugh              bruce@bmhalh.UUCP            Voice: 216-484-3528
   PATHS: uunet!{ncoast,aablue}!fmsystm!mrsmouse!bmhalh!bruce

eric@cs.fau.edu (Eric Thav) (06/06/91)

In article <2769@pdxgate.UUCP> ericb@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Eric Berggren) writes:
>doug@hparc0.HP.COM (Doug Parsons) writes:
>  Good lord, they're still working on that? I remember playing it years ago
>[and I solved it _all by myself_] Whatever came of Part ][ of that? Has one
>ever been put out? (I haven't been paying much attention).

Captain Comic II: Fractured Reality *was* produced and was sold commercialy
as are most games and other software.  I haven't seen it for myself, but I
was told it was available (or possibly still is) in Babbage's for around
$19.95.

--
.signature not found, format hard disk instead? (Y/N)_
Eric L. Thav                Florida Atlantic University - Boca Raton, FL