[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Windows 3.0 and Netware V2.15 Advanced.

neonakis@csi.forth.gr (E.A.Neonakis) (05/26/91)

	We tried to install windows 3.0 on our Novell Network (Version 2.15
Advanced) but setup quit saying that we must upgrade certain network files.
(namely net3.com, net4.com,netbios.exe,ipx.com bindfix.exe, makeuser.exe and
may be others, the documents are not very clear).

Where can I find these files? Have they been uploaded in any ftp server?

Thanks in advance!

E.A.Neonakis

ecn947z@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (06/07/91)

In article <1795@ariadne.csi.forth.GR>, neonakis@csi.forth.gr (E.A.Neonakis) writes:

> 	We tried to install windows 3.0 on our Novell Network (Version 2.15
> Advanced) but setup quit saying that we must upgrade certain network files.
> (namely net3.com, net4.com,netbios.exe,ipx.com bindfix.exe, makeuser.exe and
> may be others, the documents are not very clear).

Don't be surprised when you have other problems. Get Win 3.0A from Microsoft,
minimize your search drives, try to discourage 386 Enhanced mode, use FCONSOLE
to monitor your server memory usage as you add Win users running applications,
and watch out for applications (Eg. Higgins that want to use OMAIN instead of
Higgins under Windows). I must admit that we are using 2.15 SFT with more users,
and there maybe more relevant answers.