[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] KwikStat v2.12 menu-driven statistical data analysis pkg

BLACKMANW@URVAX.URICH.EDU (Webb Blackman) (06/02/91)

I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.statistics>
KS212_1.ZIP     Menu-driven statistical data analysis pkg-1of3
KS212_2.ZIP     Menu-driven statistical data analysis pkg-2of3
KS212_D.ZIP     Menu-driven statistical data analysis pkg-3of3

KwikStat, version 2.12, is a menu-driven statistical data analysis
package written by a professional statistical consultant.  Contains
commonly needed data analyis procedures and graphs.  Reads and writes
dBASE and ASCII files.  ASP

KS212_D.ZIP contains a demo of how to use KwikStat.

Webb B. Blackman, Jr.	BLACKMANW @ URVAX		(Vanilla BITNET)
Post Office Box 34446	blackmanw@urvax.urich.edu	(Bitnet or Internet)
Richmond, Virginia 23234

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (06/11/91)

In article <W8SDZ.12690234216.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL> BLACKMANW@URVAX.URICH.EDU (Webb Blackman) writes:
:
>pd1:<msdos.statistics>
>KS212_1.ZIP     Menu-driven statistical data analysis pkg-1of3
>KS212_2.ZIP     Menu-driven statistical data analysis pkg-2of3
>KS212_D.ZIP     Menu-driven statistical data analysis pkg-3of3
>
>KwikStat, version 2.12, is a menu-driven statistical data analysis
>package written by a professional statistical consultant.  Contains
>commonly needed data analyis procedures and graphs.  Reads and writes
>dBASE and ASCII files.  ASP
>
>KS212_D.ZIP contains a demo of how to use KwikStat.

I have tried to take a close look at this one and came to the
following conclusion.  Breaks Timo's 10 minute rule: "If an
experienced user who is not familiar with the particular program is
still practically stuck after the first ten minutes, the user
interface of a PD or a shareware program is unacceptable, however
good and useful the application may otherwise be".  On the other
hand with a program of this caliber it is understandable, but
certainly not a merit to the program.  The demo does not save the
situation.  Note that no flame is involved.  I just want to draw
fellow programmers' attention to this too often neglected aspect for
our mutual benefit.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37