[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] PWERSQR1.ZIP - Makes squares, sides multiply to same product

basher@OUTLAW.UWYO.EDU (John A Marsh) (06/05/91)

I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.education>
PWERSQR1.ZIP     Makes squares, sides multiply to same product

Power Square creates squares whose horizontal, vertical and
diagonal components all multiply to the same product.  User
defines several parameters.  Thousands of different squares are
possible.  The program is free.  Source code is $5.

John Marsh
basher@CORRAL.UWyo.Edu

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (06/08/91)

In article <910605075253.2020303e@CORRAL.UWYO.EDU> basher@OUTLAW.UWYO.EDU (John A Marsh) writes:
>I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:
>
>pd1:<msdos.education>
>PWERSQR1.ZIP     Makes squares, sides multiply to same product
>
>Power Square creates squares whose horizontal, vertical and
>diagonal components all multiply to the same product.  User
>defines several parameters.  Thousands of different squares are
>possible.  The program is free.  Source code is $5.

I am pleased to see these descriptions, and please don't get me the
wrong way since this is meant as a friendly feedback.  Looking at
this description the user (or I at least) cannot see what the
program is for.  The description is too scanty and ambiguous.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

antonyc@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Antony Chan) (06/17/91)

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) writes:

>In article <910605075253.2020303e@CORRAL.UWYO.EDU> basher@OUTLAW.UWYO.EDU (John A Marsh) writes:
>>I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:
>>
>>pd1:<msdos.education>
>>PWERSQR1.ZIP     Makes squares, sides multiply to same product
>>
>>Power Square creates squares whose horizontal, vertical and
>>diagonal components all multiply to the same product.  User
>>defines several parameters.  Thousands of different squares are
>>possible.  The program is free.  Source code is $5.

>I am pleased to see these descriptions, and please don't get me the
>wrong way since this is meant as a friendly feedback.  Looking at
>this description the user (or I at least) cannot see what the
>program is for.  The description is too scanty and ambiguous.

from the description, i would imagine that this program would create
a square array of numbers, akin to a magic square, whose rows, etc.,
instead of adding to the same sum, multiply to the same product.
parameters would probably be size of square, desired product...
i guess this is the case without actually trying the program.