[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] ASCII, SHMASCII.

shaunc@gold.gvg.tek.com (Shaun Case) (06/19/91)

In article <1991Jun18.110915.21631@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au> ron@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Ron Van Schyndel) writes:
>In <1991Jun15.220717.20911@klaava.Helsinki.FI> wirzeniu@klaava.Helsinki.FI (Lars Wirzenius) writes:
>
>>By the way, the seemingly endless stream of 7-bit-only software that
>>refuses to accept Finnish text as input gives me a poor impression of
>>the US culture. Or rather, it would, if I didn't know better.
>
>Um....ASCII == American Standard Code for Information Interchange.

But American != USA.  America also covers Canda, Mexico, and South America,
which includes French, Spanish, Portugese, and others.  (Do Eskimos (sp) use
PCs?)

// Shaun
--
shaunc@gold.gvg.tek.com

-- 100,000, perhaps 200,000 or more Iraqis died in a "Turkey Shoot"
   inappropriately called a "war."  -- Michael Albert