[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] NEED: 16Bit Uncompress for MSDOS

Fozzie@cup.portal.com (Robert bob Nagy) (06/19/91)

Can someone please point me in the right direction as to where I can get
hold of a 16 bit uncompress.exe file for my MSDOS based system.
I have looked around on simtel but have been unable to find one, perhaps
I am looking in the wrong spot.

Email Response To:
Fozzie@cup.portal.com

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (06/19/91)

Fozzie@cup.portal.com (Robert bob Nagy) writes:
>Can someone please point me in the right direction as to where I can get
>hold of a 16 bit uncompress.exe file for my MSDOS based system.
>I have looked around on simtel but have been unable to find one, perhaps
>I am looking in the wrong spot.

WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [192.88.110.20]

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.SQ-USQ>
 Filename   Type Length   Date    Description
COMP430D.ZIP  B   20241  901013  Unix-compatible 16bit compress/uncompress/zcat
COMP430S.ZIP  B   70872  910224  C src: Unix-compat. 16-bit compress/uncompress

This is the official Unix 16-bit compress/uncompress, direct from the author.

I seem to have to answer this same question about once a week.  Have I
put this in the wrong directory?  It certainly does NOT belong in
<msdos.arc-lbr> because it's not an archiving program.  Perhaps
<msdos.filutl> ?

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the MSDOS, MISC and CP/M archives at SIMTEL20 [192.88.110.20]