[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Results of Looking for A Checkbook Program'

gnb@engr.ucf.edu (Glenn Boyer) (06/17/91)

Someone asked that I post the results from my search for `The Checkbook
Program'.  No one had a copy of the program that I was looking for.
However, I had many recomendations on a new program.  The overwhelming
winner was "Quicken".  It supposedly list for $60 and can be found for
about $35.  I had five out of six people recommend it.  This is what
people said it would do.

>QUICKEN is a terrific program and extremely easy to use.  It cross posts
>to accounts so that if you set up an account for something like VISA, when
>you deduct a payment from your checkbook, it likewise deducts from the
>credit card account.  Allows you to keep accurate records on how much you
>owe and what your balance is on your credit limit.
>
>	Quicken also provides extreme flexibility in producing reports.
>Not only can you print out the check register transactions, but you can
>also summarize by payee (by week, month, year, etc.), or by account, or
>by several other types of categories.

I would like to say thanks to all of the people that responded.  It is
much appreciated.

Glenn Boyer (gnb@engr.ucf.edu)

pjh@mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) (06/20/91)

In article <1991Jun17.145551.10881@osceola.cs.ucf.edu> gnb@engr.ucf.edu (Glenn Boyer) writes:
=>QUICKEN is a terrific program and extremely easy to use.  It cross posts
=>to accounts so that if you set up an account for something like VISA, when
=>you deduct a payment from your checkbook, it likewise deducts from the
=>credit card account.  Allows you to keep accurate records on how much you
=>owe and what your balance is on your credit limit.
=>
=>	Quicken also provides extreme flexibility in producing reports.
=>Not only can you print out the check register transactions, but you can
=>also summarize by payee (by week, month, year, etc.), or by account, or
=>by several other types of categories.

Does Quicken support Postscript laser printers for printing checks?
What about the other check-writing programs?

Pete

--
Prof. Peter J. Holsberg      Mercer County Community College
Voice: 609-586-4800          Engineering Technology, Computers and Math