[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Error from COMP430D

dont@loop.uucp (Don Taylor;253-6853;;;loop) (06/26/91)

I got COMP430D from Simtel and tried it.  It was terrific, cut downloading time
by about half.  Next time I tried it I got

	comp430d: file token bad in 'y.Z'.

and it would not uncompress the file.

SO, shovel the compressed file back up to the unix box (I had already discarded
the file on the unix side), use uncompress and the file unpacks just fine,
scroll through it just to make sure, the file is ok.

Anyone have any ideas?  I can provide the file if need be, but it is 15k
compressed.  I wish I could provide more information but when binaries are
all that are distributed it is difficult to tell what is going on.

Please reply by mail if possible.

Thanks
Don Taylor
503-235-6853
loop!dont@tessi.UUCP
dont@loop.UUCP
tessi!loop!dont@nosun.west.sun.com

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (06/26/91)

dont@loop.uucp (Don Taylor;253-6853;;;loop) writes:
>I got COMP430D from Simtel and tried it. It was terrific, cut downloading time
>by about half.  Next time I tried it I got [describes errors]
[..]
>I wish I could provide more information but when binaries are
>all that are distributed it is difficult to tell what is going on.

That's not true.  The source code is there too.  Check your SIMTEl20 index.
COMP430S.ZIP is the file name.

Are you *sure* you remembered to download the compressed file in
binary mode?  If you're using Kermit it's easy to forget to do that.

>Please reply by mail if possible.

Our system had trouble with your path so I had to post.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the MSDOS, MISC and CP/M archives at SIMTEL20 [192.88.110.20]