[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Explosiv working on VGA, not Z159 CGA, more

qqc@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Dm Forsyth) (06/19/91)

The screen saver program EXPLOSIV, which I got from cbip, works great on my
Zenith 248 with Groundhog Graphics Shadow VGA (1Meg) card and samsung
monitor, except it will not interrupt Microsoft Word.  (Anyone know a fix?)

However, it will only work in white on black on our Zenith Z159 with a color
CGA monitor (zenith card?).  And on another Z159, with Sysdyne monitor and
card (I think), it only gives distorted color 'rolling' of screen, no
explosions -- ie, not working right at all.

Can anyone offer any help or advice?  (Perhaps the author?)
Nice program on MY machine.

monkey@wabash.engin.umich.edu (Monkey King) (06/25/91)

Explosiv works quite well on our Gateway 486 w/ VGA card too.  Only one thing: when I use MS Windows 3.0, it turns the screen off after the specified time even the keyboard is not idle.  Any fixes?
--
Xinbing Liu
Ultrafast Science Lab

sophist@brainiac.raidernet.com (Phillip McReynolds) (06/26/91)

monkey@wabash.engin.umich.edu (Monkey King) writes:

> Explosiv works quite well on our Gateway 486 w/ VGA card too.  Only one thing
> --
> Xinbing Liu
> Ultrafast Science Lab
> University of Michigan

Even "real" (uSoft) screen savers like IdleWild do this IF YOU HAPPEN TO
BE WORKING IN A NON-WINDOWS APPLICATION (either windowed or fullscreen).
Apparently, the non-windows application (4dos.com) grabs the keyboard
interrupt and windows cannot tell whether the keyboard is active or not
(or, more likely, it assumes that it is inactive).

I doubt that there is a fix for this other than (perhaps) Windows 3.01.

Regards,

--
sophist@brainiac.raidernet.com (Phillip McReynolds)
Brainiac BBS -- (615)333-1243 -- Open 24 Hours a day! -- Nashville, TN 37211

supat@orion (Supat) (06/28/91)

sophist@brainiac.raidernet.com (Phillip McReynolds) writes:

>monkey@wabash.engin.umich.edu (Monkey King) writes:

>> Explosiv works quite well on our Gateway 486 w/ VGA card too.  Only one thing
explosive use vga screen.
so if any software use different screen
then explosive is not display
but it work.