[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Word4Windows --> *roff!!?

newbie@inmet.inmet.com (06/26/91)

This may seem like a very strang request, but I'm looking for a program to
convert Microsoft Word for Windows documents to Unix 'roff format. I'm
working on an internal manual, and have been told that the final product
has to be in some format that "anyone" can update as needed. Around here,
that boils down to using vi on a Sun workstation.

Anyway, any info on just about anything that will convert some sort of
wordprocessor document into something approximating 'roff would be appriciated.
Oh, and it's gotta be free...

Thanx

-Chris

   Intermetrics, Inc	|  	      "Don't mess with Mrs. Murphy!"         |
           Disclaimer: "All warranties expire upon payment of invoice."
newbie@inmet.inmet.com * inmet!newbie@uunet * ctne_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu

kentfo@polari.UUCP (Kent Forschmiedt) (06/29/91)

In article <18700003@inmet> newbie@inmet.inmet.com writes:
>This may seem like a very strang request, but I'm looking for a program to
>convert Microsoft Word for Windows documents to Unix 'roff format. I'm

Sounds like a job for WordBasic.  A piece of cake -
anyone could do it, right?
--
Kent Forschmiedt ... kentfo@polari ... uw-beaver!sumax!polari!kentfo