[net.games.trivia] Another TP Anomaly

mcdonald@smu.UUCP (01/12/85)

Every response so far has been right.  Rumplestiltskin had no daughter.
The only way he could get a child was to cheat the heroine of hers.

I posted this mainly because no one I mentioned it to knew what I was
talking about; I was beginning to wonder if I was going crazy...

And marishak was very confused at getting my mail.  I'm going to have
to quit switching accounts so much.

					McD

ewok@ucbvax.ARPA (Lisa Rodgin) (01/12/85)

>                What was it that Rumpelstiltskin's daughter had
>                    to spin into gold?

	Rumpelstiltskin didn't have a daughter. I believe it was
"the king's daughter" or someone else's daughter.

jaffe@topaz.ARPA (Saul) (01/13/85)

> As I was passing through a room where TP was being played (sorry I don't know
> the edition), the question being read was:
>
>                What was it that Rumpelstiltskin's daughter had
>                    to spin into gold?
>
> No one I have discussed this with has caught what's wrong with this question.
> Any takers out there?  Or am I getting _too_ trivial?
>
> 						McD

As I remember my fairy tales, it was the miller's daughter who spun
something (I don't want to give away the correct answer) into gold.
Rumplestiltskin aided her and did the work for her in return for
her child.
--
Saul Jaffe
Systems Programmer

ron@brl-tgr.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (01/15/85)

> As I was passing through a room where TP was being played (sorry I don't know
> the edition), the question being read was:
>
>                What was it that Rumpelstiltskin's daughter had
>                    to spin into gold?
>
> No one I have discussed this with has caught what's wrong with this question.
> Any takers out there?  Or am I getting _too_ trivial?
>
> 						McD

It was the miller's daughter who had to spin the gold for R*.

-Ron

biep@klipper.UUCP (J. A. "Biep" Durieux) (01/16/85)

In article <32800001@smu.UUCP> marishak@smu.UUCP writes:

>As I was passing through a room where TP was being played (sorry I don't know
>the edition), the question being read was:
>
>               What was it that Rumpelstiltskin's daughter had
>                   to spin into gold?
>
>No one I have discussed this with has caught what's wrong with this question.
>Any takers out there?  Or am I getting _too_ trivial?
>
>						McD

[]
	He'ld wish he had a daughter! (he almost got one, but not "his" in
	the technical sense...)
--
							  Biep.
	{seismo|decvax|philabs}!mcvax!vu44!botter!klipper!biep

I utterly disagree with  everything  you are saying,  but I
am prepared to fight to the death for your right to say it.
							--Voltaire

marishak@smu.UUCP (01/17/85)