[sci.logic] Narrowing systems

erik@cs.vu.nl (Erik Hamoen) (05/23/91)

Could anyone please mail me names and creation sites of narrowing
systems? There seem to be lots of term rewrite systems around, but only
few of them have a narrowing option.

I only know of four systems so far:
1. ERIL 1.6A (Brian Matthews)
2. RAP (H. Hussmann)
3. RITE (Alan Josephson and Nachum Dershowitz)
4. SLOG (Y. Holvoet)

En vous serrant la main,

Erik Hamoen
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Faculteit der Wiskunde en Informatica
de Boelelaan 1081a
1081 HV Amsterdam
the Netherlands
tel. 205485302

mueck@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de (Andreas Mueck) (05/27/91)

In article <10042@star.cs.vu.nl> erik@cs.vu.nl (Erik Hamoen) writes:
>Could anyone please mail me names and creation sites of narrowing
>systems? There seem to be lots of term rewrite systems around, but only
>few of them have a narrowing option.
>
>I only know of four systems so far:
>1. ERIL 1.6A (Brian Matthews)
>2. RAP (H. Hussmann)
>3. RITE (Alan Josephson and Nachum Dershowitz)
>4. SLOG (Y. Holvoet)
>
>En vous serrant la main,
>
>Erik Hamoen
>Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
>Faculteit der Wiskunde en Informatica
>de Boelelaan 1081a
>1081 HV Amsterdam
>the Netherlands
>tel. 205485302

 There is a system called ALF developed by M. Hanus at Univ. of Dortmund (Germany). His e-mail address is michael@ls5.informatik.uni-dortmund.de .

..... andy mueck  (univ. of passau)

krawchuk@cpsc.UCalgary.ca (Bj Krawchuk) (05/29/91)

(Erik Hamoen) wrote:
_________

eh> Could anyone please mail me names and creation sites of narrowing
eh> systems? There seem to be lots of term rewrite systems around, but only
eh> few of them have a narrowing option.

I have an experimental system that might be released soon
called BALOG which has several features including narrowing,
conditional rewriting systems,  and various types of inductive
theorem proving and theorem generation methods.
(The system is primarily intended for machine learning applications).

I'll send a note to anyone who is interested when the system
becomes available sometime this summer.

--
	Bj

Brent J. Krawchuk 		Knowledge Sciences Laboratory
krawchuk@cpsc.ucalgary.ca	University of Calgary
				2500 University Drive NW
(403) 281-5427			Calgary, AB, Canada  T2N 1N4
	Cheer up, the worst is yet to come. -- P.C. Johnson