[alt.rock-n-roll] flames about music

sommar@enea.se (Erland Sommarskog) (11/25/89)

Thom Rounds (TAR@MAINE.BITNET) writes:
>In article <89326.011536TRM900@PSUVM.BITNET>, Tony R. Marasco <TRM900@PSUVM.BITNET> says:
>>
>>Here's 2 more I didn't see:
>>
>>Fire (Pointer Sisters)
>>Disco Inferno
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>    NO!!! Not that WORD!!! I'm sorry, but d*sco IS NOT ROCK!!! As long as
>we're in alt.rock-n-roll let's avoid discussing d*sco. There's been
>"What's alt.r-n-r", and I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell
>you what it isn't!!!

Disco is perfectly just as much (or little) rock'n'roll as Yes or
Pink Floyd, groups frequently mentioned here.

I'm cross-posting this to news.groups just to show would what
happen if we created rec.music.rock. Of course Peter Da Silva
& co wouldn't see these flames, but us poor souls who are
interested in this undefinable phenomenon called rock'n'roll
would be suffering badly.

Alt.rock-n-roll by the way is a joke only. Not a newsgroup.
--
Erland Sommarskog - ENEA Data, Stockholm - sommar@enea.se