[alt.rock-n-roll] Nuclear Waste

steve@europa.esd.sgi.com (Steve Valin) (01/17/90)

>I once borrowed an album that had a song that went like this--
>
>"Your love is like a nuclear waste
>They oughta stamp 'contaminated' right across your face..."
>
>Does this ring a bell for anyone??

Yes it does.

The song is called "Your love is like nuclear waste" and it is by a band
called the Tuff Darts. This song got some airplay on Dr. Demento back in
the early 80's.

>jeremy@klahhane.stat.washington.edu

-steve valin
--
steve valin	steve@europa.esd.sgi.com	(415)335-1379

"Tiger gotta hunt, bird gotta fly, man gotta sit, sit and wonder why.
 Tiger gotta sleep, bird gotta land, man gotta tell himself that he understand"
-Bokonon

) (01/17/90)

In article <1406@milton.acs.washington.edu> jeremy@klahhane.stat.washington.edu (Jeremy York) writes:
>I once borrowed an album that had a song that went like this--
>"Your love is like a nuclear waste
> They oughta stamp 'contaminated' right across your face..."
>Does this ring a bell for anyone??
>jeremy@klahhane.stat.washington.edu

the band is called the Tuff Darts.  the album is called the Tuff Darts.  the
name of the song is "(your love is like) nuclear waste."  or maybe it's
"your love (is like nuclear waste)."

the album came out about 1977 on sire records.  i highly recommend it, if
you can find it in a bargain bin or used record store.  fun punk/rockabilly.
also contains "(i'd rather) slash (my wrists and cut my throat than have to
spend the night with you)."

this was their only album, though they did appear on the double live album
"live at CBGB's" with the shirts, mink deville, the laughing dogs, and
others.  robert gordon (of "rockbilly boogie" fame) was their lead singer
for live at CBGB's. he doesn't appear on the studio album.