[alt.rock-n-roll] Solo Moody Blues on CD

davew@brachiosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu (The Master) (01/18/90)

	Justin Hayward's "Songwriter" is out, and about 6 months ago his
European album "Moving Mountains" was released domestically.  Both he
and Lodge together released an album in 1975 called "Bluejays" which is
also out on CD.  Supposedly, there was a public outcry over the poor
sound quality of this disc and Polygram is remastering it.  From John
Lodge, "Natural Avenue" is out on CD.  Coming out soon on CD, both of
Ray Thomas' solo works "From Mighty Oaks" and (other title escapes me).
If you consider Patrick Moraz a member of the Moodies, both his albums
with Bruford "Music For Piano & Drums" and "Flags" are out as imports
and will soon be released domestically by Caroline Records.  Moraz has
an out-of-print CD called "Human Interface", from Capitol Records' failed
attempt to cash in on the New Age market.  As for the Moodies themselves,
1974's "Best of the Moody Blues" will be released on CD in the next
few months while the current gang get to work on a new album.

Dave White

wombat@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) (01/19/90)

In article <75812@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> davew@brachiosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu (The Master) writes:

	   Justin Hayward's "Songwriter" is out, and about 6 months ago his
> European album "Moving Mountains" was released domestically.  Both he
> and Lodge together released an album in 1975 called "Bluejays" which is
> also out on CD.  Supposedly, there was a public outcry over the poor
> sound quality of this disc and Polygram is remastering it.

They remastered it 1-2 years ago and accepted mail-in trades.

> From John
> Lodge, "Natural Avenue" is out on CD.  Coming out soon on CD, both of
> Ray Thomas' solo works "From Mighty Oaks" and (other title escapes me).

I can't think of it either...
I really doubt if we'll be seeing Pinder's _The Promise_ or either of the
Edge/Gurvitz collaborations.

> If you consider Patrick Moraz a member of the Moodies, both his albums
> with Bruford "Music For Piano & Drums" and "Flags" are out as imports
> and will soon be released domestically by Caroline Records.

Any idea on when "soon" is?  I'm hopeful that they'll do a complete Bruford
catalog.  I'd like to see a complete Moraz catalog, but I don't see that
coming through Caroline.

Scott Lindsey     | I dig iguana in their outer space duds
Claris Corp.      |    saying, "Aren't you glad we only eat bugs?"
ames!claris!wombat| DISCLAIMER: These are not the opinions of Claris, Apple,
wombat@claris.com |    StyleWare, the author, or anyone else living or Dead.