[alt.rock-n-roll] Bruford/Levin, Gowan

friedman@dinghy.cis.ohio-state.edu (mark f friedman) (01/20/90)

In article <19722@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU> eaaj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (chris hall) writes:
>Bruford's drumming is great!  IMHO the best part of the ABHW show was the
>bruford/levin duet.  Those two should put out an album of their own.

Agreement here!  I did see the show, and that part was my favorite, too.  I
was VERY disappointed with the pay-per-view show when Tony wasn't there, and
therefore the duet was omitted.

Berlin is no Levin, but he and Bruford work SO well together (my favorite
was Bruford/Berlin's work with Kazumi Watanabae).

By the way, did someone mention Gowan (of Canada)?  Didn't Tony play on
one of those albums?

|"Talk talk it's only talk...       | Mark Friedman (a REAL musician) |
| Babble, berble, banter - - -      |              is                 |
| bicker bicker bicker bicker       |   K l o n e   C r i m s o n !   |
| Brouhaha, balderdash and ballyoo! |                                 |
| Well, it's only talk...."         |   friedman@cis.ohio-state.edu   |