[comp.simulation] SIMULATION DIGEST V3 N6

simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu (Moderator: Paul Fishwick) (07/11/88)

Volume: 3, Issue: 6, Mon Jul 11 11:08:04 EDT 1988

+----------------+
| TODAY'S TOPICS |
+----------------+

(1) Query: Analog Computers

Moderator: Paul Fishwick, Univ. of Florida
Send topical mail to: simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 88 09:18:43 EDT
From: Paul Fishwick <fishwick@fish.cis.ufl.edu>
To: simulation@ufl.edu
Subject: analog simulation

 Does anyone know where one might obtain either the schematic or
 implementation of a "small" analog computer? I have been fooling
 around at home with hard-wired solutions to specific equations;
 however, I would like to get my hands on a small plug-board
 computer if possible. I called Electronic Associates in New
 Jersey but they do not carry low end systems any more. I would
 prefer something that would cost in the neighborhood of $100 -
 $300. Given the number of components necessary to solve a basic
 equation and the plug board cost , this cost estimate seems reasonable.
 Any thoughts?

-paul

 | Prof. Paul A. Fishwick.... INTERNET: fishwick@ufl.edu                  |
 | Dept. of Computer Science. UUCP: gatech!uflorida!fishwick              |
 | Univ. of Florida.......... PHONE: (904)-335-8036                       |
 | Bldg. CSE, Room 301....... FAX is available                            |
 | Gainesville, FL 32611.....                                             |

| END OF SIMULATION DIGEST |