[comp.simulation] SIMULATION DIGEST V3 N8

simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu (Moderator: Paul Fishwick) (07/19/88)

Volume: 3, Issue: 8, Tue Jul 19 11:35:01 EDT 1988

+----------------+
| TODAY'S TOPICS |
+----------------+

(1) Query: Graphics Library for Real Time Applications
(2) Rochester Connectionist Simulator

Moderator: Paul Fishwick, Univ. of Florida
Send topical mail to: simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu

From: bobj@pedsga.UUCP (Bob Johnson)
Newsgroups: comp.graphics,comp.simulation
Subject: Graphics Simulation
Date: 18 Jul 88 13:48:25 GMT

I am looking for graphics library and board set that interfaces to
VME.  I am looking for both 2D and 3D products.  This product(s) would
be used with a Concurrent 3200 series computer for real time applications.
Has anyone had any experience with any other products that could be
considered for this (good or bad)?

Please respond directly to me.  If there is any interest in seeing the
results I will post a summary.  Thanks in advance!

------------------------------

To: comp-simulation@handies.ucar.edu
Newsgroups: comp.ai.neural-nets,comp.simulation
Subject: dvi2ps version of the RCS Manual
Date: 18 Jul 88 23:15:21 GMT
Sender: gatech!uhnix1.uh.edu!nntppost@bikini.cis.ufl.edu

There is a version of the Rochester Connectionist Simulatior Manual
which can be LaTex'ed and passed to dvi2ps for conversion to PostScript
in one pass.  For those who have problems in getting all the raster
files and fig files printed together with the LaTex files printed, this
might help.  An alternative way is to buy from rose@cs.rochester.edu.  I
heard that the price is $8.00 (not sure).

The tar.Z file of this modified version is available from anonymous ftp
on sun2.cs.uh.edu (129.7.5.102) in /pub/rcs_manual.tar.Z.

Hope this help.

                                      PGH 550
Francis Kam                           Computer Science Department
Internet: mkkam@sun1.cs.uh.edu        University of Houston
CSNET:    mkkam@houston.csnet         4800 Calhoun
Phone: (713)749-1748                  Houston, TX 77004.

| END OF SIMULATION DIGEST |