[comp.simulation] SIMULATION DIGEST V4 N1

simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu (Moderator: Paul Fishwick) (08/06/88)

Volume: 4, Issue: 1, Fri Aug  5 16:52:16 EDT 1988

+----------------+
| TODAY'S TOPICS |
+----------------+

(1) Circuit Simulator Wanted
(2) Event Simulation in C++

Moderator: Paul Fishwick, Univ. of Florida
Send topical mail to: simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu

To: comp-simulation@gatech.gatech.edu
From: gt-eedsp!flur@gatech.edu (Peter W. Flur)
Newsgroups: git.general,comp.sources.wanted,comp.simulation
Subject: Circuit Simulator Wanted
Date: 4 Aug 88 00:02:54 GMT

To Whom It May Concern:

I am currently working on some research at Georgia Tech in the area
of mixed mode circuit simulation.  I am currently looking for the sources
to a digital simulator to aid in my research.  I am
most interested in a gate or logic level simulator,
but others will do.  If you have any such code,
maybe from a class project, or maybe a master's
project, or anything, we would be interested.

Please feel free to contact me.
Peter

Peter Flur
Box 32500
Georgia Tech, School of Electrical Engineering, Atlanta, GA  30332
USENET: ...!{allegra,hplabs,ihnp4,ulysses}!gatech!gt-eedsp!flur
INTERNET: flur@gteedsp.gatech.edu, flur@gt-eedsp.uucp, flur%gteedsp@gatech.edu
PHONE: (404) 894-2908 ext(6)
 --
Peter Flur

------------------------------

To: comp-simulation@uunet.UU.NET
From: Michael Frishkopf <mfrishko@BBN.COM>
Newsgroups: gnu.g++,comp.lang.c++,comp.simulation
Subject: Event simulation in c++
Date: 5 Aug 88 20:23:22 GMT
Sender: news@BBN.COM

We have been using SIMULA to run network simulations for many years.
Recently I experimented with a g++ simulation and found it to be several times
faster.  I am curious to know about simulation projects written
in c++/g++:

   1.  Are simulation facilities available, in the public domain or
       otherwise, for c++ (something similar to the "class simulation"
       of SIMULA)?  I have written my own, but perhaps not so well.

   2.  Is there any way to mimic the convenience of SIMULA co-routines
       in c++ (each SIMULA class has an executable body, besides its
       procedures and functions; execution may be suspended and resumed
       within this body as the simulation progresses)?

   3.  Has anyone made the switch from SIMULA to c++?  If so, did you
       do any automated translation?  I would greatly appreciate
       pointers on translation of particular concepts, difficulties,
       and so forth.  It seems to me that the major differences are
       that SIMULA has co-routines, garbage collection, and built-in
       simulation facilities.

thanks very much for your help.
Michael Frishkopf (michael@bbn.com)
BBN Communications Corporation, Cambridge MA

.!{decvax, wjh12, ihnp4, harvard}!bbn!michael

| END OF SIMULATION DIGEST |