[comp.simulation] SIMULATION DIGEST V4 N8

simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu (Moderator: Paul Fishwick) (09/02/88)

Volume: 4, Issue: 8, Thu Sep  1 17:16:22 EDT 1988

+----------------+
| TODAY'S TOPICS |
+----------------+

(1) MSG Conference in Atlanta
(2) HVAC Simulation

Moderator: Paul Fishwick, Univ. of Florida
Send topical mail to: simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 88 14:07:36 EDT
From: John Morrison <jm@rocious.bbn.com>
To: simulation@bikini.cis.ufl.edu
Subject: MSG Conference query

Hi All,

Last week I attended the Ninth Annual Conference on Modeling,
Simulation and Gaming of Warfare in Atlanta.  (Were any other readers
of this digest there?)  Noticeably absent were academics and
representatives of the industry leaders in simulation and gaming
technology, so the signal-to-noise ratio of the conference was rather
low.  Can anybody recommend better?

Thanks,

John Morrison

ARPANET:jmorrison@bbn.com
PHONE  :(617) 873-2648
ADDRESS:BBN Systems & Technologies Corp.
	10 Moulton Street
        Cambridge, Mass.
        02238

------------------------------

To: comp-simulation@rutgers.edu
From: englandr@phoenix.princeton.edu (Scott Englander)
Newsgroups: comp.simulation
Subject: HVAC simulation tools
Date: 31 Aug 88 21:50:59 GMT

I'm a graduate student doing research on energy-efficient HVAC control,
and am looking at VAV systems right now.  I'll soon be experimenting
with some digitally controlled terminal boxes, and would like to model
them (as well as pneumatic ones) with a computer simulation.

I've been playing around with the National Bureau of Standards' program
HVACSIM, and have found that it is lacking in some key components I need
to model a terminal box (flow sensor, proportional band thermostat,
pressure sensor, control relays, etc.)  Also, there is no capability to
simulate control algorithms as might be implemented with an energy
management system.

Have any of you used HVACSIM?  Do you have additional unit types for it?
Do you know of other simulation tools that might be more appropriate for
what I'm trying to do?

Is anyone else out there interested in simulating HVAC systems?

| END OF SIMULATION DIGEST |