[comp.simulation] SIMULATION DIGEST V7 N1

simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu (Moderator: Paul Fishwick) (12/19/88)

Volume: 7, Issue: 1, Mon Dec 19 09:24:00 EST 1988

+----------------+
| TODAY'S TOPICS |
+----------------+

(1) ACM's 1989 Computer Conference
(2) Random Number Generators
(3) Looking for PD Simulation Program
(4) IEEE News Group Created

* Moderator: Paul Fishwick, Univ. of Florida
* Send topical mail to: simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu
* Archives available via FTP to bikini.cis.ufl.edu, login as
  'anonymous', use your last name as the password, change
  directory to pub/simdigest.

Date:          Thu, 15 Dec 88 12:38 EDT
From: <ASELMA01%ULKYVX.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU> (Adel S. Elmaghraby)
Subject:       ACM's 1989 Computer Conference
To: simulation@ufl.edu

   The ACM 1989 CS Conference will be here in Louisville, Kentucky (it's a
great place on the Ohio river with beautiful women and horses). I hope
some of you can make it to Louisville... I will be there.
  Mike Overstreet { cmo@odu.edu } and myself are organising a panel
on "Future of Simulation" at the conference (Feb 21-23), please join us
and if you feel qualified to be apanelist or would like to suggest someone
please contact Mike or myself (I am out of town until Jan 16). I hope you
will consider coming to Louisville, so see all of you here.
will consider coming to Louisville, so see all of you here.
             A. S. Elmaghraby {aselma01.ulkyvx.bitnet}

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Dec 88 17:42 MST
From: CELLIER%evax2@rvax.ccit.arizona.edu
Subject: Random number generators
To: simulation@bikini.cis.ufl.edu

Linear shiftregisters are indeed pretty good random number generators for
producing streams with a long period.  The problem is only that these
generators are much slower than most others.  A good survey of these type
of generators can be found in T.G.Lewis and W.H.Payne, J.A.C.M., Vol.20,
No.3, July 1973, pp.456-468.

                                     Dr. Francois E. Cellier
                                     Associate Professor
                                     Dept. of Electr. & Comp. Engr.
                                     University of Arizona
                                     Tucson,  AZ  85721
                                     Phone: (602) 621-6192
                                     EMail: Cellier%Evax2@Rvax.CCIT.Arizona.Edu
                                            Cellier@Arizevax.Bitnet
                                            Looney::Cellier (Span)
                                            FCellier (Nasamail)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Dec 88 13:14:22 EST
From: baldo@ida.org (Jim Baldo)
To: simulation@UFL.EDU
Subject: Looking for public domain real time simulation programs

I am searching for public domain real-time simulation programs.  My
present interest is to model a tightly-coupled multi-processor
configuration (about 4-6 processors).

------------------------------

From: gatech!att.att.com!hou2d!krsm@bikini.cis.ufl.edu
Date: Sat, 17 Dec  08:58:19 1988
Subject: IEEE NEWS GROUPS - comp.org.ieee and att.society.ieee created

                   IEEE NEWS GROUPS
       (comp.org.ieee and att.society.ieee)

Friends,

The IEEE NEWS GROUPS, one for circulation within AT&T only
called att.society.ieee and another called comp.org.ieee
for world-wide circulation and use have been created.

I sincerely thank all of you who have supported in this
effort. I will try to get an article or some type of
coverage in IEEE INSTITUTE (a news suppliment to IEEE Spectrum)
to help publicize about this group and also increase
awareness about the groups' usefulness.

I encourage all of you to post any news information,
call for papers, conferences, special lectures and also
any professional discussions. To post anything

       Type		postnews		(Return)

and then you get user friendly messages.

I will be posting some background info on the news groups.

Thanks to all of you, again.

Sincerely
K.R.S. Murthy
Room 1G-306