[comp.simulation] SIMULATION DIGEST V9 N6

simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu (Moderator: Paul Fishwick) (06/30/89)

Volume: 9, Issue: 6, Thu Jun 29 15:32:49 EDT 1989

+----------------+
| TODAY'S TOPICS |
+----------------+

(1) Request for QSIM Source Code
(2) Conference Proceedings Needed
(3) Lost Mail

* Moderator: Paul Fishwick, Univ. of Florida
* Send topical mail to: simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu
* Archives available via FTP to bikini.cis.ufl.edu, login as
  'anonymous', use your last name as the password, change
  directory to pub/simdigest.
* Simulation Tools available by doing above and changing the
  directory to pub/simdigest/tools.

Date: Sat, 24 Jun 89 14:10:19 -0400
From: Paul Fishwick <fishwick@fish.cis.ufl.edu>
To: simulation@ufl.edu
Subject: QSIM

In the most recent issue of BYTE Magazine, there was an article on
a C-based tool simulation library called QSIM. If anyone subscribes
to the BYTE Disk Listing service, it would be great if you could send
a copy of the QSIM source to me --- then, I will place it in the
FTP'able /tools directory that all readers can access freely. Perhaps
someone would like to do a review of the existing C-tool library, SMPL,
with QSIM? Thanks.

-paul

| Prof. Paul A. Fishwick.... INTERNET: fishwick@bikini.cis.ufl.edu       |
| Dept. of Computer Science. UUCP: gatech!uflorida!fishwick              |
| Univ. of Florida.......... PHONE: (904)-335-8036                       |
| Bldg. CSE, Room 301....... FAX is available                            |
| Gainesville, FL 32611.....                                             |

------------------------------

From: Farzin Deravi <eederavi%pyramid.swansea.ac.uk@NSFNET-RELAY.AC.UK>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 89 17:05:20-0000
To: simulation%uflorida.cis.ufl.edu@NSFNET-RELAY.AC.UK

Subject: Proc. EMC '89
Newsgroups: comp.simulation

I am trying to obtain the proceedings of the Distributed Simulation Track
of the 1989 Eastern Multiconference, March 1989, Tampa, Florida.
Could you please tell me if this exists and if so what is its ISBN and or
IEEE ref. number so that I can go ahead and order it. Also an idea about
the price would be useful.

[[EDITOR: You can obtain copies of the Distributed Simulation Conference
by calling the Society for Computer Simulation (SCS) at:
(619)-277-3888 -PAF]]

Many thanks for the information

                                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Farzin Deravi,                   | UUCP  : ...!ukc!pyr.swan.ac.uk!eederavi|
Network Simulation Laboratory,   | JANET : eederavi@uk.ac.swan.pyr        |
Electrical Engineering Dept.,    | voice : +44 792 295583                 |
University of Wales,             | Fax   : +44 792 295532                 |
Swansea, SA2 8PP, U.K.           | Telex : 48358                          |
                                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Jun 89 15:27:23 -0400
From: Paul Fishwick <fishwick@fish.cis.ufl.edu>
To: simulation@ufl.edu
Subject: lost mail

Dear Readers:
 If anyone sent me mail recently for the digest (I think that there were
2 messages), please re-submit if you can. The mail server went down as
the digest was being prepared and, as a consequence, the issue was lost.
I have made a small change to avoid any future losses should the mailing
process be interrupted. Thanks for your consideration (sorry!).

-paul fishwick

END OF SIMULATION DIGEST