[comp.simulation] SIMULATION DIGEST V10 N6

simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu (Moderator: Paul Fishwick) (08/24/89)

Volume: 10, Issue: 6, Thu Aug 24 09:38:11 EDT 1989

+----------------+
| TODAY'S TOPICS |
+----------------+

(1) Printed Circuit Board Simulators
(2) 1989 Winter Simulation Conference
(3) Update on System Dynamics
(4) Missile Simulation

* Moderator: Paul Fishwick, Univ. of Florida
* Send topical mail to: simulation@bikini.cis.ufl.edu OR
  post to comp.simulation via USENET
* Archives available via FTP to bikini.cis.ufl.edu, login as
  'anonymous', use your last name as the password, change
  directory to pub/simdigest.
* Simulation Tools available by doing above and changing the
  directory to pub/simdigest/tools.

Date: Tue, 22 Aug 89 08:36 MST
From: PALUSINSKI%ecevax@rvax.ccit.arizona.edu
Subject: RE: SIMULATION DIGEST V10 N5
To: fishwick@fish.cis.ufl.edu

We have developed a Printed Cicuit Board  simulator (network of transmission
lines interconnected with integrated circuits) at The University of Arizona
in Tucson under SRC sponsorship. Interested persons should contact Dr. J.L.
Pric
Prince, ph, (602)621-6187, fax(602)621-8076

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Aug 89 15:23 EDT
From: NELSON%ccl2@eng.ohio-state.edu
Subject: please post
To: arpanet-bboards-request%mc.lsc.mit.edu@relay.cs.net,
        R.Kerr%newcastle.ac.uk@NSFNET-RELAY.AC.UK,
        SIMULA%BITNIC.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu, simulation@ufl.edu,
        performance@cs.wisc.edu, denny%mcmi.uucp@relay.cs.net

               Conference Announcement - For Immediate Release

                     1989 WINTER SIMULATION CONFERENCE

Preliminary programs are available for the 1989 Winter Simulation Conference,
which will be held on December 4 - 6, 1989 at the Capital Hilton Hotel in
Washington, D.C. A copy of the WSC '89 Preliminary Program, which includes a
list of speakers and papers as well as registration and hotel information, can
be obtained by contacting Publicity Chair Barry L. Nelson, Department of
Industrial and Systems Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
43210; (614) 292-0610; nelson-b@eng.ohio-state.edu.

Discrete-event simulation, which is the focus of the conference, is the most
widely used tool for the design and analysis of systems subject to uncertainty,
such as manufacturing, transportation, distribution, computer, communication,
military and health care systems. WSC '89 will feature introductory and
advanced tutorials on simulation modeling and analysis, software tutorials
describing new products and features, and research sessions on analysis
methodology, modeling methodology, simulation in manufacturing, and general
simulation applications. Each tutorial and research session is supported by a
paper published in the conference proceedings, which is available during
conference registration. The software tutorials are backed up by an extensive
vendor exhibits area for demonstrations and further discussion.

The keynote address will be given by A. Alan B. Pritsker, Chairman of the Board
of Pritsker Corporation, and is entitled ``Why Simulation Works.'' Other
conference events include a pre-conference Ph.D. student colloquium and a
post-conference tour of the National Institute of Standards and Technology's
Advanced Manufacturing Research Facility.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Aug 89 22:38:41 edt
From: popeye!srcnance@vtodie.cs.vt.edu
To: vtodie!simulation@bikini.cis.ufl.edu
Subject: Request from Bill Harris on Systems Dynamics Update

I would join Bill Harris' interest in having an update on
the view (or views) of systems dynamics.  From some recent
papers (one by Burns
in Management Science on the use of digraphs for analysis
of influence relationships), I had presumed that interest
was on the upsurge.  Is that true?

Dick Nance
nance @vtopus.cs.vt.edu

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 23 Aug 89 14:39:27 PDT
From: birdsall@janus.berkeley.edu (C.K. Birdsall)
To: simulation@bikini.cis.ufl.edu

Hello,
I am mailing this for a friend.  He is interested in any sort
of simulation regarding rockets.  I tried to pin him down on
some specifics and he said, "Basically any simulation
involving missile guidance, trajectories, materials (missile
structure I would think), engines, stresses...".  I have no
idea if any simulations like this exist, and I thought that
you would be the one to ask.  In one of your recent digests
there was an announcement for the EMC conference, those
subjects listed there (pertaining to rockets), might interest
my friend to.  Any help that you could provide would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John Schubert

[[EDITOR: You might want to have your friend check out the book
"Modelling with Projectiles" by Derek Hart and Tony Croft,
Halsted Press (a subsidiary of John Wiley/NY), 1988 -PAF]]

mail to birdsall@janus.berkeley.edu

END OF SIMULATION DIGEST