[comp.simulation] SIMULATION DIGEST V11 N6

simulation@uflorida.cis.ufl.edu (Moderator: Paul Fishwick) (10/05/89)

Volume: 11, Issue: 6, Thu Oct  5 08:53:36 EDT 1989

+----------------+
| TODAY'S TOPICS |
+----------------+

(1) Networking Simulations
(2) Nuclear Power Plant Simulator Wanted
(3) Seeking Info. on Cache Simulation

* Moderator: Paul Fishwick, Univ. of Florida
* Send topical mail to: simulation@bikini.cis.ufl.edu OR
  post to comp.simulation via USENET
* Archives available via FTP to bikini.cis.ufl.edu, login as
  'ftp', use your last name as the password, change
  directory to pub/simdigest.
* Simulation Tools available by doing above and changing the
  directory to pub/simdigest/tools.

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 89 08:19:16 EDT
From: samuels%community-chest.mitre.org@gateway.mitre.org
To: simulation@bikini.cis.ufl.edu
Subject: Re: SIMULATION DIGEST V11 N5
Newsgroups: comp.simulation

While discrete-event simulation has been used to study queueing
problems in Industrial Engineering, I find that a lot of
folks in communications prefer analytical models.  This usually
means that various companies create their own in-house tools
without much documentation.  All I have ever seen with these
analytical tools is a brochure telling me they are
"state-of-the-art."  Are there any good references that describe
the kinds of numerical methods used to solve networking problems
on a computer?  Also, does anyone have any comments on how such
tools compare to special-purpose simulations, such as Network
II.5?  Thanks.

--

Michael Samuels
The MITRE Corporation

------------------------------

To: comp-simulation@dkuug.dk
From: ambush!leif@relay.EU.net (Leif Andrew Rump)
Newsgroups: comp.simulation,comp.sources.wanted,misc.wanted,sci.physics
Subject: Wanted: Nuclear power plant simulator - anyone?
Date: 2 Oct 89 12:20:51 GMT

Hi,

Is there anybody out there who have a nuclear plant simulation either
on the paper (formulas), source-code or executable code (PC-/MS-DOS,
80x86)? I'm interested in everything you may have even if it don't
have pipes and colo(u)rs!

Leif Andrew

  Leif Andrew Rump, AmbraSoft A/S, Roejelskaer 15, DK-2840 Holte, Denmark
 UUCP: leif@ambra.dk, phone: +45 42424 111, touch phone: +45 42422 817+313

            God lives, but he don't want to mess things up

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 4 Oct 89  13:47:46 CDT
From: SUNG@Espresso.csc.ti.com
To: simulation@bikini.cis.ufl.edu
Subject: cache simulation

I'm new to the comp.simulation newsgroup.  Does anyone out there knows
any simulation packages available (either public domamain or commercial)
for cache simulation, or any literature that suveys these simulation packages?
*Any* information will be appreciated.

- sung@tilde.csc.ti.com

END OF SIMULATION DIGEST