[net.games.trivia] bullwinkle trivia..sort of

acsccjk@sunybcs.UUCP (Chris Kracik) (02/19/85)

  Along with the ROCKY and BULLWINKLE cartoon, was a bunch of other short
cartoons.  One of them was a retelling of some of the more popular fairy
tales, but with a slightly deranged twist.  What was this section of the
show called??

                           Chris 'My life is trivial' Kracik

mike@amdcad.UUCP (Mike Parker) (02/19/85)

>   Along with the ROCKY and BULLWINKLE cartoon, was a bunch of other short
> cartoons.  One of them was a retelling of some of the more popular fairy
> tales, but with a slightly deranged twist.  What was this section of the
> show called??
>

>                            Chris 'My life is trivial' Kracik

Fractured Fairy Tales

spector@acf4.UUCP (David HM Spector) (02/19/85)

You must be referring to "Fractured Fairy Tales", unfortunately, its been too,
too long, and I dont remember a whole lot about them...

				David HM Spector
				NYU/acf Systems Group

emh@bonnie.UUCP (Edward M. Hummel) (02/19/85)

<Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat....>

Another couple of R&B trivia questions:

What does the T. stand for in Bullwinkle T. Moose?

Who was the narrator for the Rocky and Bullwinkle segments?

Ed Hummel
{...!clyde!bonnie!emh}

chris@byucsa.UUCP (Chris J. Grevstad) (02/19/85)

>  Along with the ROCKY and BULLWINKLE cartoon, was a bunch of other short
>cartoons.  One of them was a retelling of some of the more popular fairy
>tales, but with a slightly deranged twist.  What was this section of the
>show called??
>
>                           Chris 'My life is trivial' Kracik

It was called Fractured Fairy Tales.  Very humorous.  I thoroughly enjoy
the entire show.  I feel the writing is much better than in today's
cartoons.

--

	Chris Grevstad
	{ihnp4,noao,mcnc,utah-cs}!arizona!byucsa!chris

	If things don't change they will probably remain the same.

hsu@cvl.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (02/19/85)

>   Along with the ROCKY and BULLWINKLE cartoon, was a bunch of other short
> cartoons.  One of them was a retelling of some of the more popular fairy
> tales, but with a slightly deranged twist.  What was this section of the
> show called??

But of course...Fractured Fairy Tales.

=Dave Hsu= "Gee, some times I don't know my own strength!" (301) 454-4526
ARPA: hsu@cvl  hsu@umd2                  USnail: Computer Vision Laboratory
CSNET: hsu@cvl                                   Center for Automation Research
BITNET: hsu@umd2                                 University of Maryland
UUCP: {seismo,allegra,brl-bmd}!umcp-cs!cvl!hsu   College Park, MD 20742

djl@ptsfb.UUCP (Dave Lampe) (02/19/85)

In article <1175@sunybcs.UUCP> acsccjk@sunybcs.UUCP (Chris Kracik) writes:

>  Along with the ROCKY and BULLWINKLE cartoon, was a bunch of other short
>cartoons.  One of them was a retelling of some of the more popular fairy
>tales, but with a slightly deranged twist.  What was this section of the
>show called??
>

>                           Chris 'My life is trivial' Kracik

I think it was "Fractured Fairy Tales"

Dave Lampe @ Pacific Bell
{ucbvax,amd,zehntel,ihnp4,cbosgd}!dual!ptsfa!ptsfb!djl
(415) 774-9581

jwp@uwmacc.UUCP (jeffrey w percival) (02/20/85)

Fractured Fairy Tales: wasn't that narrated by Edward Everett Horton
(Fred's chum in Top Hat)?

--
			Jeff Percival

jwp@uwmacc.UUCP  (...!{allegra,ihnp4,seismo,...}!uwvax!uwmacc!jwp)
uwmacc!jwp@wisc-rsch.ARPA
POST: Space Astronomy; UW-Madison; 1150 University Ave; Madison, Wi 53706; USA

schmidt@reed.UUCP (Alan Schmidt) (02/20/85)

 >  Along with the ROCKY and BULLWINKLE cartoon, was a bunch of other short
 >cartoons.  One of them was a retelling of some of the more popular fairy
 >tales, but with a slightly deranged twist.  What was this section of the
 >show called??

Fractured Fairy Tales.

..tektronix!reed!schmidt
Alan

joyner@mcc-db.UUCP (Darryl Joyner) (02/20/85)

>   Along with the ROCKY and BULLWINKLE cartoon, was a bunch of other short
> cartoons.  One of them was a retelling of some of the more popular fairy
> tales, but with a slightly deranged twist.  What was this section of the
> show called??

     Fractured Fairy Tales

*** A LINE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE ***

jims@hcrvax.UUCP (Jim Sullivan) (02/20/85)

>   Along with the ROCKY and BULLWINKLE cartoon, was a bunch of other short
> cartoons.  One of them was a retelling of some of the more popular fairy
> tales, but with a slightly deranged twist.  What was this section of the
> show called??

Fractured Fairy Tales (cute little angel opens book, book wavers, then
slams shut, crushing her - that sounds sick !)

Maybe not though...I seem to remember that they were based on Aesops
tales...with Dad telling son this story with a great moral, and son
perverting the moral.

Jim Sullivan @ Human Computing Resources

elb@hou5e.UUCP (Ellen Bart) (02/20/85)

The fairy tale portion was called   Fractured Fairy Tales.

At the end, a little fairy would fly around with her wand
near a fairy tale book that would either close on her or
fall on top of her

ellen bart

weiss@gondor.UUCP (Michael S. Weiss) (02/21/85)

>   Along with the ROCKY and BULLWINKLE cartoon, was a bunch of other short
> cartoons.  One of them was a retelling of some of the more popular fairy
> tales, but with a slightly deranged twist.  What was this section of the
> show called??

*** REPLACE THIS villian WITH Snidley Whiplash (booooo!) ***

Yay!  I loved that part: Fractured Fairy Tales.  They were great.
For extra credit: What famous radio (and semi-famous tv) personality
narrated that part?

Related:  What was the names of the Commanded who had many incredulous
adventures?

--
-Michael S. Weiss                               BITNET:  weiss@psuvaxg.bitnet

               "I am not a number, I am a free man!"

weiss@gondor.UUCP (Michael S. Weiss) (02/21/85)

> Related:  What was the names of the Commanded who had many incredulous
> adventures?

*** REPLACE THIS dumb-ass mistake WITH YOUR apology ***

That should read:  What was the name of the Commander who had...

(Just cut off my leg and call me stumpy.)

--
-Michael S. Weiss                               BITNET:  weiss@psuvaxg.bitnet

               "I am not a number, I am a free man!"

gwr@cord.UUCP (GW Ryan) (02/21/85)

was it "The World of Commander McBragg" ???
great show, that!

hey rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!
again?

jerry

jlh@hou2e.UUCP (J.HEATWOLE) (02/21/85)

Fractured fairy tales were narrated by Edward Everett Horton.
Just hearing the name makes me cringe as though I was hearing one
of the awful puns used in those stories.

				Jeff Heatwole

sheppard@convexs.UUCP (02/23/85)

Come on, ask something tough! The narrator of "Fractured Fairy Tales"
was Edward Everett Horton.

Now for a good trivia question:

	What was the name of Perry Mason's receiptionist?

Andy Sheppard
Convex Computer Corporation
ihnp4!convex!convexs!sheppard

acsccjk@sunybcs.UUCP (Chris Kracik) (02/23/85)

> was it "The World of Commander McBragg" ???
> great show, that!

  NO, it wasn't.  Commander McBragg was a short that was either shown with
either Tennesse Tuxedo, or Underdog (maybe somebody out there knows for sure).
He would always start out with, 'Have I ever told you about the time that I...'

  I am almost certain it was with Underdog, along with "the GO GO Gophers".
Anybody remember those shorts????

                      Chris 'My life is trivial' Kracik

acsccjk@sunybcs.UUCP (Chris Kracik) (02/25/85)

> Related:  What was the names of the Commanded who had many incredulous
> adventures?

   This was laready answered in one of my previous postings.  It was
Commander McBragg.  He would always look at the globe and go into one
of his more than far fetched stories, with a very bored friend listening
(sort of).

                          Chris 'My life is trivial' Kracik

  'Did I ever tell you about the time I took on the entire Aborigine
population?'

  'Quite.'

kst@ihu1e.UUCP (k. taggart) (02/25/85)

> <Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat....>
>
> Another couple of R&B trivia questions:
>
> What does the T. stand for in Bullwinkle T. Moose?
>
> Who was the narrator for the Rocky and Bullwinkle segments?

> Ed Hummel
> {...!clyde!bonnie!emh}

Could it be, Bullwinkle The Moose??

djl@pthya.UUCP (b0ce D. Lampe ) (02/26/85)

> Now for a good trivia question:
>
> 	What was the name of Perry Mason's receiptionist?
>

> Andy Sheppard
> Convex Computer Corporation
> ihnp4!convex!convexs!sheppard

Her name was Della Street.

Dave Lampe
Pacific Bell

hav@dual.UUCP (Helen Anne Vigneau) (02/26/85)

<*munch*>

=> What does the T. stand for in Bullwinkle T. Moose?

Isn't that Bullwinkle *The* Moose?

Helen Anne

weiss@gondor.UUCP (Michael S. Weiss) (02/27/85)

> Come on, ask something tough! The narrator of "Fractured Fairy Tales"
> was Edward Everett Horton.
>
> Now for a good trivia question:
>
> 	What was the name of Perry Mason's receiptionist?

Come on!  Ask something tough!  The lady was Della Street.

--
...then again, maybe not.

-Michael S. Weiss                               BITNET:  weiss@psuvaxg.bitnet

rogerc@orca.UUCP (Doctor Dart) (02/27/85)

In article <15700001@convexs.UUCP> sheppard@convexs.UUCP writes:

>Come on, ask something tough! The narrator of "Fractured Fairy Tales"
>was Edward Everett Horton.
>
>Now for a good trivia question:
>
>	What was the name of Perry Mason's receiptionist?
>

>Andy Sheppard
>Convex Computer Corporation
>ihnp4!convex!convexs!sheppard

I thought you wanted to ask something tough!

	Everybody knows that Gertie was Perry Mason's receptionist.

If you want something tough:

	What was the name of the building and the room number
	of Perry Mason's office (from the TV series)?

  Mugs Away, Mate!
..{ihnp4,decvax,uw-beaver,hplabs,ucbvax,allegra}!tektronix!orca!rogerc