[comp.mail.sendmail] Sendmail 5.61 and rmail

mike@turing.cs.unm.edu (Michael I. Bushnell) (02/16/89)

The rmail.c distributed with sendmail 5.61 specifies a -odq option to
sendmail, which asks sendmail to queue the mail for later delivery and
not deliver it immediately.  Is there a significant reason for this,
or can I just change it to -odb for normal background delivery?

  Michael I. Bushnell       \     This above all; to thine own self be true
         GIG!                \    And it must follow, as the night the day,
mike@turing.cs..unm.edu      /\   Thou canst not be false to any man.
  Hmmmm..............       /  \  Farewell:  my blessing season this in thee!

forys@snake.utah.edu (Jeff Forys) (02/17/89)

In article <2275@unmvax.unm.edu> mike@turing.cs.unm.edu (Michael I. Bushnell) writes:
> The rmail.c distributed with sendmail 5.61 specifies a -odq option to
> sendmail, which asks sendmail to queue the mail for later delivery and
> not deliver it immediately.  Is there a significant reason for this,
> or can I just change it to -odb for normal background delivery?

Yeah, I noticed this too.  We checked with Keith a couple weeks ago.
The `-odq' thing was a mistake and can be changed to do immediate
delivery; although I'd prefer staggering the jobs using `-odi' rather
than `-odb'.
---
Jeff Forys @ Unv of Utah/Salt Lake, Comp Sci Dept. (801-581-4280)
forys@cs.utah.edu  -or-  ..!{boulder,decvax,nbires}!utah-cs!forys