[comp.mail.sendmail] Building sendmail 5.61 and res_search

sam@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Sam Moore) (02/22/89)

I have just started using the sendmail that comes with Ultrix 5.57/2. And
had some problems so I grabed sendmail 5.61 and tried building it, but
I get an unresolved external: res_search(). Is this a standard BIND
function, or am I missing some source.

I have to support a lot of different machines and have found many different
versions of sendmail. While I don't want to spend anymore time than
possible on mail, it seems that time invested working with the latest
sendmail will prove worthwhile. That is, if I can get it built.

gandalf@csli.STANFORD.EDU (Juergen Wagner) (02/22/89)

In article <2591@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> sam@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Sam Moore) writes:
>I get an unresolved external: res_search(). Is this a standard BIND
>function, or am I missing some source.

Yes, it is. Grab BIND 4.8, and use its libresolv.a to compile 5.61.

--
Juergen Wagner		   			gandalf@csli.stanford.edu
						 wagner@arisia.xerox.com