[comp.mail.sendmail] Sendmail 5.61 with IDA available from Brunel

Andrew.Findlay@brunel.ac.uk (Andrew Findlay) (02/26/89)

Sendmail-5.61 plus IDA enhancements is now available by NIFTP in the UK:

Host:	uk.ac.brunel.me
User:	guest
Passwd:	your e-mail address
File:	<SRC>sendmail.5.61.IDA.tar.Z
Type:	BINARY
Size:	Approx 700k in compressed form

Also by FTAM (ISODE, IS over IS)

Host:	brunel
User:	ANON
File:	sendmail.5.61.IDA.tar.Z

UK Distribution history:

The IDA enhancements were installed by Andrew Macpherson (andrew@stl.stc.co.uk)
Some bugfixing and compatability checks by Andrew Findlay
(Andrew.Findlay@brunel.ac.uk), who is also looking after the UK Distribution.
Further checks and mods by Andy Linton (Andy.Linton@newcastle.ac.uk)

If you find any bugs in this release, please report them to
uk-sendmail-workers@cs.hw.ac.uk (Including patches to fix, if possible)

The IDA config files and the Berkeley ones have been left in the distribution
for completeness. It is strongly suggested that you do not try to use them!
Get the UK-sendmail configuration package and use that. The config package
was posted on comp.mail.sendmail in early 1989, and is available from
info-server@cs.glasgow.ac.uk Send a message with these lines:

Request: catalogue
Topic: sendmail
Request: end

to get the details

As distributed from Brunel, this version of Sendmail compiles under a
number of versions of Unix with little or no modification.

In most cases you will only have to comment out the definition of YP
in src/conf.h if you do not use Yellow Pages.

Here is the list of machines that have been checked so far:

	SunOs 3.x
	Orion OTS 1.485
	Encore Multimax running UMAX 4.2
	Microvax running Ultrix V2.2-1
	VAX 750 running 4.3BSD
	Gould (UTX/32 Release 3.0E)

	With minor mods:

	SunOs 4.0
	Pyramid OSx 4.0

For SunOs 4.0, the definition of 'oldsigint' in src/alias.c needs changing
from 'int' to 'void'.

For Pyramid OSx 4.0, change the #include line for 'time.h' from
<time.h> to <sys/time.h>. This affects src/arpadate.c only.
As Pyramids do not usually have Yellow Pages, comment out the definition
of 'YP' in src/conf.h
You may see an 'incompatable pointers' message relating to fdopen(); this
can be ignored as it is caused by fdopen() not being defined in <stdio.h>!

You will need to look at src/Makefile, particularly the installation part,
to make sure it suits your local conventions.

|  From Andrew Findlay at Brunel University, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH, UK  |
|  Andrew.Findlay@brunel.ac.uk          phone: +44 895 74000 x2512  |

From: Andrew Macpherson <andrew@stl.stc.co.uk>
To: Andrew.Findlay@brunel.ac.uk
Subject: Re: IDA
Phone: +44 279 29531 ext 2423
Telex: 81151 stl hw g

Parseaddr was the most dubious patch (hence the .oc version lying
around).  I was fairly happy otherwise.  I think I may be getting
the res_search routine REAL SOON NOW so it may be worth waiting
until the end of the week.