[comp.mail.sendmail] Sendmail 5.61 -- does FN/etc/passwd %[0-9a-zA-Z_-] work?

peirce@gumby.cc.wmich.edu (Leonard J. Peirce) (03/16/89)

Sendmail 5.57 that comes with Ultrix 3.0 will work just fine with

FN/etc/passwd %[0-9a-zA-Z_-]

I can't make 5.61 use it, though.  If I use

FNfilename

where filename contains a list, one per line, of all of the users
on the system, it will work.

Had this problem been brought up before and I missed it?
--
Leonard J. Peirce               Internet:  peirce@gumby.cc.wmich.edu
Western Michigan University                peirce@gw.wmich.edu

cmf@cisunx.UUCP (Carl M. Fongheiser) (03/25/89)

In article <666@gumby.cc.wmich.edu> peirce@gumby.cc.wmich.edu (Leonard J. Peirce) writes:
>Sendmail 5.57 that comes with Ultrix 3.0 will work just fine with
>
>FN/etc/passwd %[0-9a-zA-Z_-]
>
>I can't make 5.61 use it, though.

It turns out that you need to define SCANF in conf.h (or in CFLAGS in the
Makefile) in order to get sendmail to use sscanf for file class processing.
It changes nothing else in sendmail.

					Carl Fongheiser
					University of Pittsburgh
					...!pitt!cisunx!cmf