[net.games.trivia] rember when - snack foods

GMS@PSUVM.BITNET (05/05/85)

I think that Dave might be living in a slightly deprived part of the country
      since both Ovaltine and Dad's Root Beer are still sold in central
      Pennsylvania - at least at the store where I shop.  I don't buy
      choclate mix but I do enjoy Dad's old-fashioned root beer!

Gerry Santoro             !psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!gms  (uucp <--> bitnet gate)
  P S U                   !psuvax1!santoro   (vanilla uucp)

davew@shark.UUCP (Dave Williams) (05/08/85)

In article <1698GMS@PSUVM> GMS@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
>I think that Dave might be living in a slightly deprived part of the country
>      since both Ovaltine and Dad's Root Beer are still sold in central
>      Pennsylvania - at least at the store where I shop.  I don't buy
>      choclate mix but I do enjoy Dad's old-fashioned root beer!
>
>Gerry Santoro             !psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!gms  (uucp <--> bitnet gate)
>  P S U                   !psuvax1!santoro   (vanilla uucp)

As for living in a deprived part of the country I couldn't argue, but
after posting my article I visited the local market and what did I see?
Ovaltine! All the other items on my list have not surfaced here however.
Now for something completely different. How many people out there remember
kid's radio shows? How many can you name and can you name their sponsors?
Here is a partial list:

Captain Midnight	Ovaltine (there it is again)
Jack Armstrong		Wheaties
Tom Mix			Ralston-Purina
Hop Harrigan		Post Grape Nuts Flakes
Sky King		Skippy Peanut Butter
Smilin' Ed McConnell    Buster Brown Shoes
Lassie			??? dog food

Can you add to this list? To our younger players I would say, yes radio
use to be like television, only without pictures.

p.s. In this deprived part of the country PSU stands for Portland State
University.
--

                                    Dave Williams
                                    Tektronix, Inc.