[comp.mail.sendmail] Accounting package for sendmail syslog?

peter@radig.UUCP (Peter Radig) (08/30/89)

Hi there,

is there any public domain accounting package for the sendmail kit.

I need it for charging my users against their outgoing mail.

Thnx
Peter
--
Peter Radig        Voice: +49 69 746972
                   USENET: peter@radig.UUCP

In article <848@radig.UUCP> peter@radig.UUCP (Peter Radig) writes:
>is there any public domain accounting package for the sendmail kit.
>I need it for charging my users against their outgoing mail.

I've posted a quick hack in perl to alt.sources to do this.  If you
don't get alt.*, send me mail and I'll send you the script.  It won't
help you if you won't have perl, which would be too bad, because perl
is a truly wonderful and useful language.

--tom

    Tom Christiansen                       {uunet,uiucdcs,sun}!convex!tchrist
    Convex Computer Corporation                            tchrist@convex.COM
		 "EMACS belongs in <sys/errno.h>: Editor too big!"