[comp.mail.sendmail] sendmail 5.61

andrew@stl.stc.co.uk (Andrew Macpherson) (01/03/89)

Has anyone FTP'd Sendmail 5.61, the bug-fixed version, who is prepared
to let me in turn take a copy with hhcp/niftp?  (It's a pain not being
on the ARPAnet)

andrew@stl.stc.co.uk (Andrew Macpherson) (01/04/89)

Thanks for doing that research!  We will all want to wait for that
I expect.
--
Andrew Macpherson                          PSI%234237100122::andrew
andrew@stl.stc.co.uk        - or -         ...!mcvax!ukc!stl!andrew

kquinlan@edg.cv.co.uk (Kevin Quinlan) (01/05/89)

| Has anyone FTP'd Sendmail 5.61, the bug-fixed version, who is prepared
| to let me in turn take a copy with hhcp/niftp?  (It's a pain not being
| on the ARPAnet)

I cannot find 5.61 sendmail on ucbarpa.berkeley.edu.  That is
the file '~ftp/pub/sendmail.tar.Z' does not exist on that
machine.

However the file 4.3/sendmail.tar.Z will do in the next few days
(see below)

From: bostic@okeeffe.Berkeley.EDU (Keith Bostic)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 89 21:48:50 PST
Subject: Re: sendmail 4.3

It will be in the next few days; I'll announce in protocols.tcp-ip,
and comp.bugs.4bsd.ucb-fixes.

--keith

Does anyone know if this is the same thing?

In any case we will ship it into the UK as soon as it is
available - and perhaps uk.ac.brunel.me will make it
available (?).

 | Kevin Quinlan, Prime Computervision, Amersham, HP7 0PX, UK    |
 | kquinlan@cvedg.prime.com                                      |
 | kquinlan@uk.co.cv.edg                  +44 494 714771 x 269   |

teldredg@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Tim Eldredge) (02/23/89)

I am trying to get sendmail 5.61 working with Bind 4.8.  I modified
the TCPPROTO.CF file and mail within the local domain seems to
be OK, but when I try to send mail to another domain sendmal dumps
core.  It appears to me that the problem occurs just when trying to
open the SMTP connection to the remote host.  Any ideas?

Thanks

lad@sdl.sdl.UUCP (Lawrence Deleski) (09/16/89)

I've been reading alot about sendmail 5.61, but haven't been able to find it
in any of the usual archives.  Does anyone have an address to an ftp stie with
sendmail 5.61.

My machines are Sun 3's and 4's running SunOS 4.0.3.

--
         Lawrence A. Deleski             |       Silicon Compiler Systems
         uunet!sdl!lad                   |       15 Independence Blvd.