[comp.mail.sendmail] Sendmail under system V

michael@fts1.UUCP (Michael Richardson) (12/08/89)

In article <1091@legato.LEGATO.COM> nowicki@legato (Bill Nowicki) writes:
>In article <11720@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> viktor@fine.Princeton.EDU (Viktor Dukhovni) writes:
>>
>>	$=C can only match a single(!) token,  rit.edu (e.g.) is two
>>tokens,  and will never be matched by a Class C containing rit.edu
>
>Note that one of the "IDA Enhancements" that was adopted by Sun
>eliminates the above restriction.  That is, in SunOS 4.x sendmail,
>class matches do work with any number of tokens, not just a single

	As much as I'd like to apply the IDA enhancements to my sendmail, I don't
have a version of the source which I can compile. I have all the
Berkeley stuff from a uunet tape, but as much as I'd like to port sendmail,
I'm not getting paid to do that level of system administration, and don't
have a great deal of time with at least four other (public domain) projects...

	I _know_ that sendmail has been ported to SVR3.2, Interactive provided one
with their 386/ix, but I doubt they'll give me the source to play with :-)
Has it been ported and made available to the net? If not, is anyone working on it?
The other reason I hesitate to dig in and do it is that SVR4 is rumoured to be
6 months to release date...

--
  :!mcr!:
  Michael C. Richardson