[net.games.trivia] Barney Rubble's Occupation

mck@ratex.UUCP (Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan) (05/01/85)

I saw a short bit of an episode of *The Flinstones* in which Rubble was
getting a job a the quarry because he was related to Mr Peebles.  I do not
know what job he had before; I do not know whether Rubble was truly related
to Peebles; I do not know whether he kept his new job in said episode.

                               TNX,
                               DKMcK

page@drutx.UUCP (KnipferRP) (05/08/85)

> I saw a short bit of an episode of *The Flinstones* in which Rubble was
> getting a job a the quarry because he was related to Mr Peebles.

Mr. Peebles was the pet store owner on the Magilla Gorilla show!!!

						Bob Knipfer
						ihnp4!drutx!page

man@bocar.UUCP (M Nevar) (05/08/85)

>> I saw a short bit of an episode of *The Flinstones* in which Rubble was
>> getting a job a the quarry because he was related to Mr Peebles.
>
>Mr. Peebles was the pet store owner on the Magilla Gorilla show!!!

I just saw the episode again where you hear Barney's occupation.
He says he "works in the for Mr. Peebles in the Pebble store turning
big rocks into little ones."

There is another episode where Barney has to call in sick.  Who did he
call ?
Right.  Mr. Peebles.

Trivia time:  Who did Barney's voice on The Flintstones ?

							mark

page@drutx.UUCP (KnipferRP) (05/09/85)

>>> I saw a short bit of an episode of *The Flinstones* in which Rubble was
>>> getting a job a the quarry because he was related to Mr Peebles.

>>Mr. Peebles was the pet store owner on the Magilla Gorilla show!!!

> I just saw the episode again where you hear Barney's occupation.
> He says he "works in the for Mr. Peebles in the Pebble store turning
> big rocks into little ones."

> There is another episode where Barney has to call in sick.  Who did he
> call ?
> Right.  Mr. Peebles.

Maybe they were brothers????

						Bob Knipfer
						ihnp4!drutx!page

m1b@rayssd.UUCP (05/09/85)

From <1113@ratex.UUCP>:

> I saw a short bit of an episode of *The Flinstones* in which Rubble was
> getting a job a the quarry because he was related to Mr Peebles.  I do not
> know what job he had before; I do not know whether Rubble was truly related
> to Peebles; I do not know whether he kept his new job in said episode.
>
>                                TNX,
>                                DKMcK

	Barney really was related to Fred's boss (I thought his name
was Slate) and was hired as Executive Vice-President in Charge of Pro-
duction.  Betty rubs Wilma's nose in it because Barney is now Fred's
boss but after some arguments, Betty makes Barney quit because she
had assumed that he got the job by merit.  I don't know if he gets
another job at the end of the episode.

	Good thing this is trivia! :-)

Joe Barone,	{allegra, decvax!brunix, linus, ccice5}!rayssd!m1b
Raytheon Co,	Submarine Signal Div., Box 330, Portsmouth, RI  02871

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (05/10/85)

> Trivia time:  Who did Barney's voice on The Flintstones ?

							mark

Mel Blanc of course.  The same guy who did just about every other
cartoon voice that wasn't Daws Butler or Kasey Kasem, back a few
years ago...the 40's and 50's were his golden era.  To name a few
he was:
Bugs Bunny
Porky Pig
Yosemite Sam
Foghorn Leghorn
...in fact most of the Warner Brothers Characters

also he was the voice of Jack Benny's car on the radio...the model escapes
me for the moment.

-Evan Marcus
--

{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!pedsgd!pedsga!evan
                         ...!petfe!evan

There are two kinds of people in the world, those who divide people into two
kinds, and those who don't.

joan@ISM780.UUCP (05/10/85)

>> Trivia time:  Who did Barney's voice on The Flintstones ?

   Mel Blanc, right?

		      Joan "the VMS group is moving mountains" Alexander
		      Interactive Systems,
		      Santa Monica, CA

		      cca!ima!ism780!alexander
		      decvax!vortex!ism780!alexander

     "Opinions expressed herein were not mine originally, but
      were forced on me at gunpoint by the Interactive Systems
      Corporation"

man@bocar.UUCP (M Nevar) (05/10/85)

>>  Who did Barney Rubble's voice on the Flintstones ?

>  Mel Blanc of course.  The same guy who did just about every other
>  cartoon voice that wasn't Daws Butler or Kasey Kasem, back a few
>  years ago...the 40's and 50's were his golden era.  To name a few
>  he was:
>  Bugs Bunny
>  Porky Pig
>  Yosemite Sam
>  Foghorn Leghorn
>  ...in fact most of the Warner Brothers Characters

Actually he was NOT Yosemite Sam.  That is the only Bugs 'n Friends
character that he didn't do.  He started doing it, but it hurt his
throat to do it, so someone else did the voice.

OK, you know he was Barney Rubble.  What other voice did he do on the
Flintstones.

							Mark Nevar

alan@cae780.UUCP (Alan M. Steinberg) (05/12/85)

>> Trivia time:  Who did Barney's voice on The Flintstones ?
>
>Mel Blanc of course.

But not exclusively.  There were some episodes ( a season?) where someone
else did the voice of Barney.  Now the question is: who was the other
voice of Barney?
--
           __
          /  0_____			Alan Steinberg
          |       .\		{ucbvax}!decwrl!amdcad!cae780!alan
          |   )----'
         / | \ \    "The wind doth taste so bittersweet,
          \_____/    Like those of Caspar Weinberger."
           |____)           -- P. Opus, distinguished flightless water fowl

jims@hcrvax.UUCP (Jim Sullivan) (05/13/85)

>>>  Who did Barney Rubble's voice on the Flintstones ?
>>  Mel Blanc of course.  The same guy who did just about every other
>>  cartoon voice that wasn't Daws Butler or Kasey Kasem, back a few
>>  years ago...the 40's and 50's were his golden era.  To name a few
>>  he was:
>>  Bugs Bunny
>>  Porky Pig
>>  Yosemite Sam
>>  Foghorn Leghorn
>>  ...in fact most of the Warner Brothers Characters
>
>Actually he was NOT Yosemite Sam.  That is the only Bugs 'n Friends
>character that he didn't do.  He started doing it, but it hurt his
>throat to do it, so someone else did the voice.

He didn't do Elmer Fudd.  I forget who did, but in some cartoons, Elmer
Fudd looked alot like the guy doing his voice.  (Information from Reg Hartt,
a Toronto Film Buff and all -round great guy)

Jim Sullivan

edward@ukma.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (05/15/85)

In article <160@bocar.UUCP>, man@bocar.UUCP (M Nevar) writes:

> >>  Who did Barney Rubble's voice on the Flintstones ?
>
> >  Mel Blanc of course.
>
> OK, you know he was Barney Rubble.  What other voice did he do on the
> Flintstones.
>
> 							Mark Nevar

	Just other minor characters. It wasn't Gazoo, if that's what you're
driving at. (I guess he could have been Dino or Bamm Bamm)

--
edward

		 {ucbvax,unmvax,boulder,research}!anlams! -|
			{mcvax!qtlon,vax135,mddc}!qusavx! -|-->	ukma!edward

		{decvax,ihnp4,mhuxt,seismo}! -+-> cbosgd! -|
		{clyde,osu-eddie,ulysses}! ---|

	"Well, what's on the television then?"
	"Looks like a penguin."

	()

        |--		Support barrier free design
       /|---
      |     \  _
       \___/ \=

kmo@ptsfa.UUCP (ken olsen) (05/16/85)

In article <160@bocar.UUCP> man@bocar.UUCP (M Nevar) writes:

>>>  Who did Barney Rubble's voice on the Flintstones ?
>
>>  Mel Blanc of course. . .
>OK, you know he was Barney Rubble.  What other voice did he do on the
>Flintstones.
>
>                           Mark Nevar

Why, Dino the Dinosaur, of course!

------------
| gait kpr |
------------
{amd70, cbosgd, decwrl, fortune, ihnp4, ucbvax, zehntel}!dual!ptsfa!kmo

edward@ukma.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (05/16/85)

In article <852@cae780.UUCP>, alan@cae780.UUCP (Alan M. Steinberg) writes:
> >> Trivia time:  Who did Barney's voice on The Flintstones ?
> >Mel Blanc of course.
> But not exclusively.  There were some episodes ( a season?) where someone
> else did the voice of Barney.  Now the question is: who was the other
> voice of Barney?
>           /  0_____			Alan Steinberg
>           |       .\		{ucbvax}!decwrl!amdcad!cae780!alan

	Unless you watch a different cartoon than I do, it was always Mel
Blanc. The early voice was different, but it was still MB.

--
edward

		 {ucbvax,unmvax,boulder,research}!anlams! -|
			{mcvax!qtlon,vax135,mddc}!qusavx! -|-->	ukma!edward

		{decvax,ihnp4,mhuxt,seismo}! -+-> cbosgd! -|
		{clyde,osu-eddie,ulysses}! ---|

	"Well, what's on the television then?"
	"Looks like a penguin."

	()

        |--		Support barrier free design
       /|---
      |     \  _
       \___/ \=

alan@cae780.UUCP (Alan M. Steinberg) (05/19/85)

In article <648@ptsfa.UUCP> kmo@ptsfa.UUCP (ken olsen) writes:
>>>  Mel Blanc of course. . .
>>OK, you know he was Barney Rubble.  What other voice did he do on the
>>Flintstones.
>>
>>                           Mark Nevar
>
>Why, Dino the Dinosaur, of course!
>
>------------
WRONG!!!! According to The Complete Encyclopedia of Television (by Vincent
Terrance), Dino's voice was done by Chips Spam.  According to the same source,
Mel Blanc did not do any other voices on the Flintstones.(The Great Gazeoo's
voice was Harvey Korman.)
Now this book is not infallible.  It doesn't answer one of my original net
questions.  Who was the other voice of Barney Rubble?
And now the trivia question which will stump all.  What was the Flinstone's
address?  This is mentioned in the book.
--
           __
          /  0_____			Alan Steinberg
          |       .\		{ucbvax}!decwrl!amdcad!cae780!alan
          |   )----'
         / | \ \    "The wind doth taste so bittersweet,
         | |  | \    Like Jaspar Wine and sugar.
         | |__/  |   It must've blown through someone's feet,
          \_____/    Like those of Caspar Weinberger."
           |____)           -- P. Opus, distinguished flightless water fowl

zarth@drutx.UUCP (CovartDL) (05/22/85)

isn't 29 something Stone Canyon Way???