[net.games.trivia] Remember When?

m1b@rayssd.UUCP (05/17/85)

	Here's one that I don't have the answer to; I submit it for
an answer:  When I was in 3rd or 4th grade (1967) there was a puffed
rice cereal out very similar to Sugar Smacks.  I can't remember who
made it, either.  What was its name?  The only clue I have is that, at
that time, there was a free plastic dinosaur inside each box (the only
reason I wanted my mother to buy it (though she didn't know that!)).
Thanks.

Joe Barone,	{allegra, decvax!brunix, linus, ccice5}!rayssd!m1b
Raytheon Co,	Submarine Signal Div., Box 330, Portsmouth, RI  02871

allynh@ucbvax.ARPA (Allyn Hardyck) (05/21/85)

In article <745@rayssd.UUCP> m1b@rayssd.UUCP writes:

>	Here's one that I don't have the answer to; I submit it for
>an answer:  When I was in 3rd or 4th grade (1967) there was a puffed
>rice cereal out very similar to Sugar Smacks.  I can't remember who
>made it, either.  What was its name?  The only clue I have is that, at
>that time, there was a free plastic dinosaur inside each box (the only
>reason I wanted my mother to buy it (though she didn't know that!)).
>Thanks.

There was Rice Krinkles - I forget who made it but it had one of those "cute"
representations of a minority - in this case a Chinese - as the character on
the front.  (Remember the Frito Bandito?  Ever wonder why HE isn't around any
longer?)

devine@asgb.UUCP (Robert J. Devine) (05/24/85)

> Remember the Frito Bandito?  Ever wonder why HE isn't around any
> longer?

  People of Spanish heritage felt insulted by a cartoon character
called a 'bandito'.   And, because the are a large market share....

Bob Devine