[comp.mail.sendmail] POP

tpersky@nih-csl.UUCP (Ted Persky) (02/23/90)

Would anyone have any information on POP, the Post
Office Protocol?  All I've been able to find is
the RFC (918).  Have any vendors developed implementations
of this?

Sincerely,

--
	Ted Persky			phone: (301) 496-2963
	Building 12A, Room 2031		uucp: uunet!nih-csl!tpersky

jromine@ics.uci.edu (John Romine) (02/24/90)

In article <1367@nih-csl.UUCP> tpersky@nih-csl.UUCP (Ted Persky) writes:
>Would anyone have any information on POP, the Post
>Office Protocol?  All I've been able to find is the RFC (918).

Well, to start, there's three versions of the POP.  They're described
by RFC918 (v1), RFC937 (v2) RFC1081/1082 (v3).  POP V1 is considered
obsoleted by V2.

POP V3 is also known as MH/POP.  The MH user agent implements a POP3
client and server.
--
John Romine