[comp.mail.sendmail] Preventing certain users from sending mail

pemurray@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (02/24/90)

Hello!  I have what is hopefully a really easy question.

We would like to prevent an anonymous guest account from sending mail, but
enable all other accounts.  Does anyone have any suggestions on implementing
this?

Please post or email to murrayp@apsvax.aps.muohio.edu (the address above
does not work well)

Thanks in advance!

Peter

mike@unmvax.cs.unm.edu (Michael I. Bushnell) (02/24/90)

In article <1046.25e5c8d7@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu> Peter writes:
>Hello!  I have what is hopefully a really easy question.
>
>We would like to prevent an anonymous guest account from sending mail, but
>enable all other accounts.  Does anyone have any suggestions on implementing
>this?
>
>Please post or email to murrayp@apsvax.aps.muohio.edu (the address above
>does not work well)

Don't bother.  I checked, and you are on the internet.  All anyone on
your guest account needs to do is connect to the SMTP server of anyone
else on the Internet, and send the mail that way.  Sorry.

    Michael I. Bushnell      \     This above all; to thine own self be true
LIBERTE, EGALITE, FRATERNITE  \    And it must follow, as the night the day,
   mike@unmvax.cs.unm.edu     /\   Thou canst not be false to any man.
 Telephone: +1 505 242 2329  /  \  Farewell:  my blessing season this in thee!