[comp.mail.sendmail] sendmail and pathalias/comp.mail.maps

jockc@hammer.UUCP (PRIV Account) (03/15/90)

Can someone tell me how to get sendmail to understand and use
the info in comp.mail.maps?  I have pathalias.  I'm on a Decstation
3100.

uunet!hammer!jockc
jockc@hammer.idsila.com

wwm@pmsmam.uucp (Bill Meahan) (03/17/90)

In article <125@hammer.UUCP> jockc@hammer.idsila.com (PRIV Account) writes:
>Can someone tell me how to get sendmail to understand and use
>the info in comp.mail.maps?  I have pathalias.  I'm on a Decstation
>3100.

And I'm on an HP 9000/825 and need the same info.
--
Bill Meahan			|  UUCP: uunet!mailrus!umich!pmsmam!wwm
				| snail: 128 Factory St., Ypsilanti, MI 48197
#include <disclaimer.std>	| voice: +1 313 484 9320
/* witty */			|packet: wa8tzg @ wa8ooh.mi.usa.na

meggers@mothra.nts.uci.edu (Mark Eggers) (03/17/90)

I have no experience with comp.mail.maps (on the Internet with a few
intelligent usenet gateways), but I do use a pathalias table. The sendmail
that can understand all this (plus more) is sendmail 5.61 plus the IDA 1.2.8
enhancements. This is available from uxc.cso.uiuc.edu in the pub/net (I
think) subdirectory.

/mde/