[net.games.trivia] Tom Terrific

wah@ihuxl.UUCP (08/27/83)

The "bad guy" on Tom Terrific was, of course, CRABBY APPLETON.

                   W. A. Hoberg
                   ihuxl!wah

lagasse@biomed.UUCP (Robert C. Lagasse) (05/16/85)

Remember Tom Terrific and his dog?  I think the dog was called Monfred or
Manfred or something like that.  It was shown on some morning kiddie show but
I don't remember which one.....?
Bob Lagasse Biomed. Eng. Mass. General Hosp.

wls@astrovax.UUCP (William L. Sebok) (05/16/85)

> Remember Tom Terrific and his dog?  I think the dog was called Monfred or
> Manfred or something like that.  It was shown on some morning kiddie show but
> I don't remember which one.....?
> Bob Lagasse Biomed. Eng. Mass. General Hosp.

Ah yes, how could I forget such memories from my childhood.  It was "Tom
Terrific and Mighty Manfred the Wonder Dog".  The villain was Crabby Appleton
("I'm rotten to the core.  I do a bad deed every day.  Sometimes three or
four... I laugh with glee, it pleases me, when everyone's unhappy.").  I seem
to remember that Tom gained magic powers whenever he put on a magic hat, which
looked like a kitchen funnel.
--
Bill Sebok			Princeton University, Astrophysics
{allegra,akgua,burl,cbosgd,decvax,ihnp4,noao,princeton,vax135}!astrovax!wls

bobm@rtech.ARPA (Bob Mcqueer) (05/21/85)

> Remember Tom Terrific and his dog?  I think the dog was called Monfred or
> Manfred or something like that.  It was shown on some morning kiddie show but
> I don't remember which one.....?
> Bob Lagasse Biomed. Eng. Mass. General Hosp.

MIGHTY MANFRED!!

The Capt. Kangaroo Show, I believe.

Now, can somebody remember all the words to the songs.

"My name is Crabby Appleton, and I'm rotten to the core ..." is about all
I can remember.

Bob McQueer
amdahl!rtech!bobm

jeffm@mmintl.UUCP (Jeffrey Miller) (05/21/85)

Okay...

And speaking of Crabby Appleton, that was the name of a band in the late
60's.
What was the name of their big (and only) song? Hint: G_ B___.

					Jeff M.
					Multimate International

"There are two sides to every question, my side and the wrong side."
				- Veronica Lodge's father.

.

pam@cepu.UUCP (Pam McGarvey ) (05/30/85)

In article <45@biomed.UUCP> lagasse@biomed.UUCP (Robert C. Lagasse) writes:

>Remember Tom Terrific and his dog?  I think the dog was called Monfred or
>Manfred or something like that.  It was shown on some morning kiddie show but
>I don't remember which one.....?
>Bob Lagasse Biomed. Eng. Mass. General Hosp.

Ah, the memories of youth!  Having grown up in the U.K., the "Tom Terrific
Show", featuring Tom's dog Mighty Manfred, was my introduction to U.S.
children's t.v. in 1956.   I think I was entranced by the show because
of Tom's headwear (an inverted metal funnel) which bore some resemblance
to the characters of "Bill and Ben, the Flower Pot Men" which had been my
favorite show on British telly.  Mighty Manfred, the most inept, cowardly,
overweight dog ever created, was the main attraction for my younger
brother who would dissolve into gales of laughter when ever MM made his
bumbling appearance.

Pamela McGarvey
UCLA Comprehensive Epilepsy Program