[comp.mail.sendmail] Wanted: sendmail for SYSV

steved@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu (Steve Dempsey) (03/17/90)

Anyone have sources for a decent version of sendmail to run
on SysV.3 (NCR Tower 32/650+WIN/TCP)?  I find the one that
comes with the system to be lacking.  I really just need to
forward everything to another machine (have been doing it
on other hosts (HP/Sun/Ultrix) for a long time) and need
a newer sendmail to use my client config files.

        Steve Dempsey,  Center for Computer Assisted Engineering
  Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO  80523    +1 303 491 0630
INET: steved@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu, dempsey@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu
UUCP: boulder!ccncsu!longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu!steved, ...!ncar!handel!dempsey

steved@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu (Steve Dempsey) (03/21/90)

In article <5364@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>, I wrote:
> Anyone have sources for a decent version of sendmail to run
> on SysV.3 (NCR Tower 32/650+WIN/TCP)?

Several others asked me to forward whatever I got, so here it is.
Anonymous ftp from:

    ucsd.edu            u3b2/sendmail.cpio.Z
    ames.arc.nasa.gov   pub/3B2/Sendmail-5.5[89]

Unfortunately, neither of these run on NCR3.00.01.  BTW, NCR *is*
working on it; I just wanted sources and figured this would be
faster.

wescott@Columbia.NCR.COM (Mike Wescott) (03/22/90)

In article <5410@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU> steved@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu (Steve Dempsey) writes:
> Anyone have sources for a decent version of sendmail to run
> on SysV.3 (NCR Tower 32/650+WIN/TCP)?

I have ported both Sendmail 5.61 as well as Sendmail 5.61 + IDA Enhancements
to the Tower32/700.  There should be little or no effort to port this to
the 6xx.  Send me email if you would like a copy of the sources.

--
	-Mike Wescott
	 mike.wescott@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM