[comp.mail.sendmail] Help

ins_adx@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dong Xie) (11/10/89)

Could anybody there tell me how I can use a mailing list to send mail
to a group of people in unix system? It seems there is not "mailx"
in the Hopkins' Unix. I also would like to know anything that can
substitute t
he mailx command so that I can use short names for some
long addresses.

dewey@sequoia.UUCP (Dewey Henize) (11/27/89)

In article <902@sys.uea.ac.uk> hacker@world.UUCP (anon) writes:
>Appeal for all hackers and student organizations in world.
>Please, give morality help and solidarity
>for Czechoslovak students.
>Regards, Friendly hacker. (anon)

Geez, what a great way to antagonize people.

Did you ever hear of crossposting, at least?

I mean, if you're going to do it wrong, do you have to waste bandwidth too?

Would some of the more enlightened (and perhaps intelligent) upstream sites
from this geek explain to him what's going on in the world before we get
another spate of 'morally correct' (and grammatically poor) postings?

Ack, second time this week someone posted to tons of the usenet and obviously
doesn't have a clue...

OBquestion.  Does anyone have any knowledge of test suites for sendmail.cf
files, as in an anon uucp or archive area?  We're getting ready to try to
build 5.61 and want to do some testing before we break everything.  Mail to
below should reach me.  Thanks.

--
| ...!cs.utexas.edu!execu!dewey or | "If you will just quit shouting at me, I |
|     ...uunet!execu!dewey         | will try to hear what you are saying"    |

soni@ecs.umass.edu (05/25/90)

Hi!
I need some help--

How do I include the "signature" lines in the mail messages
that i send-- on ultrix as well as vms machines?

thanx,

soni@umaecs.bitnet
soni@umvlsi.ecs.umass.edu