[net.games.trivia] Remember when??

slb@drutx.UUCP (Sue Brezden) (05/20/85)

Does anyone else remember when a 3 Musketeers candy bar
had 3 flavors of nuget in it--chocolate, vanilla, and
strawberry?

I've told people about this, and no one else remembers
it.  I'm beginning to think that I just imagined it.  I
was very young at the time, so it was probably 30 years
ago.

Anyone remember when they changed it?
--

                                     Sue Brezden

Real World: Room 1B17                Net World: ihnp4!drutx!slb
            AT&T Information Systems
            11900 North Pecos
            Westminster, Co. 80234
            (303)538-3829

                    Honk if you love Shiva!

gordon@cae780.UUCP (Brian Gordon) (05/22/85)

In article <2829@drutx.UUCP> slb@drutx.UUCP (Sue Brezden) writes:
>Does anyone else remember when a 3 Musketeers candy bar had 3 flavors of
>nuget in it--chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry?
>
>I've told people about this, and no one else remembers it.  I'm beginning to
>think that I just imagined it.  I was very young at the time, so it was
>probably 30 years ago.
>
>Anyone remember when they changed it?

I wasn't that young 30 years ago, and I don't remember 3 flavors.  They did
have two dividing lines, making it easy to break into thirds, though.  I was
under the impression that that is where the "3" came from.

FROM:   Brian G. Gordon, CAE Systems
UUCP:   {ihnp4, decvax!decwrl}!amd!cae780!gordon
        {nsc, resonex, qubix, hplabs, leadsv, teklds}!cae780!gordon

canopus@amdahl.UUCP (Frank Dibbell) (05/23/85)

> Does anyone else remember when a 3 Musketeers candy bar
> had 3 flavors of nuget in it--chocolate, vanilla, and
> strawberry?
>
> I've told people about this, and no one else remembers
> it.  I'm beginning to think that I just imagined it.  I
> was very young at the time, so it was probably 30 years
> ago.
>
> Anyone remember when they changed it?
>             (303)538-3829

I used to eat those things 30 years ago... they only had the
chocolate nougat centers, but they were "sectioned" (squeezed sort
of in two places), so that you could share it with a friend.  (They
used to advertise it as a bar big enough to share with a friend -
and they only cost a nickel!)  Maybe you remember the three sections?
--
Frank Dibbell     (408-746-6493)                 {whatever}!amdahl!canopus
[R.A. 6h 22m 30s  Dec. -52d 36m]                 [Generic disclaimer.....]

asente@Cascade.ARPA (05/24/85)

>Does anyone else remember when a 3 Musketeers candy bar had 3 flavors of
>nuget in it--chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry?

Perhaps you're thinking of Charleston Chew; they came in three flavors.

	-paul asente

tag@ttrda.UUCP (Tom Gloger) (06/07/85)

Does anyone remember the Seven-up bar?  Seven different fillings
covered with chocolate.  I think there was light and dark
chocolate versions too.  My favorite filling was the jelly.
Are they still around?
--
That which is repeated too often becomes insipid and tedious.

    Tom Gloger              AT&T Teletype Corporation,  ATTIS
    ihnp4!ttrdc!ttrda!tag   Skokie, Illinois