[comp.mail.sendmail] Sendmail 5.64/binmail

jjb@cs.wayne.edu (Jon J. Brewster) (07/15/90)

I'm putting sendmail 5.64 on a MicroVAX3600 running
Ultrix 3.1.  Sendmail compiles easily & seems to work,
but I'd like to install the binmail that was included,
as well.  [There seems to be no way to get the binmail
furnished with Ultrix to cope with /usr/spool/mail
set to anything but mode 777.]

Anyway, binmail calls mkstemp(), and it isn't in the
sendmail distribution nor in our system libraries.
Can some kind soul either point me to the source for
mkstemp or describe what it's supposed to do?  It appears
to take a string "/tmp/maXXXXX" and return a file descriptor.
I suppose the X's get replaced by a pid...

Thanks,
Jon Brewster (jjb@cs.wayne.edu)

jjb@cs.wayne.edu (Jon J. Brewster) (07/16/90)

In article <1990Jul14.173929.5200@cs.wayne.edu> jjb@cs.wayne.edu (me) wrote:

>Anyway, binmail calls mkstemp(), and it isn't in the
>sendmail distribution nor in our system libraries.
>Can some kind soul either point me to the source for
>mkstemp or describe what it's supposed to do?

Found it on watmsg.waterloo.edu.