[comp.mail.sendmail] Problems with Sendmail 5.64+IDA

greg@cheers.uucp (Greg Onufer) (07/27/90)

I am having a problem with pathalias lookup in the Sendmail 5.64+IDA
from UIUC.

Problem summary:

Consider pathalias output like:
	.bar.com	site1!site2!site3!%s
but no foo.bar.com line.

If I mail to user@foo.bar.com, sendmail creates a route like:
	site1!site2!site3!user@foo.bar.com

Which is *wrong*! (At least in my case).  I want sendmail to create a route
like:
	site1!site2!site3!foo.bar.com!user

or something else appropriate.  Some logic in Ruleset 22 is doing this.

Does anybody have a fix for this problem?  I have BANGIMPLIESUUCP,
BANGONLYUUCP, and STRICTLY822 defined in my m4 input, but none of
these are referenced in the ruleset which looks up pathalias output.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
Greg Onufer  [[ greg@cheers.uop.edu, cheers!greg@daver.bungi.com ]]

rickert@CS.NIU.EDU (Neil Rickert) (07/27/90)

 In article <{B3$_V&.14238@cheers.uucp>  greg@cheers.uucp (Greg Onufer) writes:

>I am having a problem with pathalias lookup in the Sendmail 5.64+IDA
>from UIUC.
>If I mail to user@foo.bar.com, sendmail creates a route like:
>	site1!site2!site3!user@foo.bar.com
>or something else appropriate.  Some logic in Ruleset 22 is doing this.

  I believe this is due to a bug in ruleset 19 that I fixed about two
weeks ago.  Look for a rewrite rule near the end of S19 which has an
'S+' instead of a '$+' in the left hand side.  Change the 'S' to '$'.

 Better still, pick up a new copy of Sendmail.mc - there are several
improvements since you fetched your copy.

   Neil Rickert.